When Nightmare's Not Home - a Criller oneshot

A/N: Ok so first fic I've written that I'm posting publicly, wahoo, this is fun.

Not many warnings for this one, completely sfw, it's very fluffy and silly but they do swear and Killer does have his knife for a bit but no one gets hurt or directly threatened so yeah.

Enjoy! ^w^

——————————————————————————————————

"Hey, screw off!" Cross called as he raced down the hall towards the open door to the living room in Nightmare's castle, Killer in hot pursuit. "I'm gonna get'cha!~" Killer replied, knife in hand as he swiftly followed Cross into the aforementioned room. The two sped in and Cross swerved around the couch, far overestimating how much momentum he needed and careening onto the cushions soon afterwards. Killer was right on his tailbone and soon had pinned Cross on the couch, knife piercing a cushion as he grinned down at his supposed adversary.

"Nowhere to run~", he teased. "So I'm gonna fight!" Cross retaliated, attempting to start pushing upwards against Killer's body. This didn't work very well as Killer let go of his knife and let his body weight drop onto Cross. He was lighter than the soldier, but it definitely made things more difficult for him. This only caused Cross to begin struggling underneath him, and for Killer to tussle right back. Soon they were grabbing at each other's jackets and grunting as the two began to roughhouse, Cross constantly trying to flip the situation over while Killer did everything he could to keep Cross down. "You've got nothing~", Killer teased. "Try me, bitch-", Cross grunted back. "Heh, ok."

Very soon after the words were spoken, Killer bit down on the collar of Cross's sweater, pulling at it and grinning at him. "Hey, what the hell!?", Cross exclaimed, flustering as he tried to push Killer away. "You're nasty!" After a playful growl, Killer finally pulled back and smirked mischievously down at Cross, tongue sticking out alongside sharp canines. "What, too intense for ya?", Killer inquired. "You want me to play more innocent? A little less wild? A little less painful?~" "Less painful would be nice...", Cross grunted in reply. "Careful what you wish for!~"

Seconds later Killer's hands quit pushing against Cross and instead began scribbling into his sides and ribs, causing his body to immediately jerk and erupt into alarmed squealing which soon turned into uncontrollable laughter. Once he fully processed what was happening, Cross began to struggle against it and cry out. "WHAT THE FUCK!?" "Tickle tickle~", Killer teased, grinning down at him as Cross squirmed under his touch. Cross soon devolved right into nonsensical and panicked giggling, to Killer's delight. "D'aww, I had no idea this would work... you're adorable." Killer cooed condescendingly, but it was obvious he meant what he said. Cross tried to give a snarl or glare back but it just wasn't happening. After a few seconds, Killer's hands traveled up and went at Cross's underarms, causing his whole body to jerk and resist as his volume reached a crescendo. "AHAH- FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF!" Cross shouted as he literally began kicking at Killer. This caused his mischievous companion to halt his actions and get off of him, settling down side by side next to him on the couch.

After a few seconds of Cross catching his breath, back turned to Killer, the latter spoke. "Heh, I win." "Not if Nightmare finds out about that, you don't.", Cross gestured to the knife still stuck into the cushion above his head. "Eh, that's future me's problem." Killer shrugged as he gently wrapped his arms around Cross, pulling him in. "What matters right now is appreciating how cute you are!~" Cross grew flustered again, getting huffy and crossing his arms. "D'awwwww, don't be like that...", Killer replied to the silent annoyance. "You had fun, didn't you?"

After a few seconds Cross slowly got less tense, unfolding his arms and relaxing a bit, before turning over to meet Killer's eye light. "Yeah... I guess I did..." "I hope I didn't actually make you uncomfortable..." Killer said with way more sincerity than one would expect. "You- you didn't... not really..." Cross slowly began to smile. "...that was fun..." "I'm glad... do it again sometime?..." "Sure... but for now... rest." "Sounds like a plan." The two began to snuggle close as they dozed off on the couch, unbothered by the worries of the past or what was to come.

——————————————————————————————————

A/N: Nightmare found them like that.

The knife thing didn't go over well.