Chapter 12

Alessandro

"Rowan." I grit my teeth feeling anger roll through me. Over the past four years he's been my second in command, the asshole became my friend. He says he's no longer scared of me but as of now there's fear swirling in his eyes.

Ever since he called me making me leave, my amore alone in the morning he's been getting on my nerves.

"I've got it don't worry!" He exclaims, raising his arms in self defense.

I sigh dropping my head, "You said that last night."

"Fucking Dante and Leo." He growls. "They had me up all night. But I'll get it done I swear."

I stare around the warehouse that just got raided. The Germans are at it again. Two guards lay on the floor, bullet holes cover their chests. Rivers of red cover the floors. "Call their families. Cover all their children's tuition."

His eyes widen, "Grant has- had seven kids."

"Do it." I snap, feeling irritated. My voice buzzes in my hand. My irritation fades away at the sight of her contact.

"Amore?" I feel my lips lift in a smile.

"I-um it's Brie." Brielle's panicked voice reaches my ears. My hears drums in my chest as I wait for her to continue. "Are you two alright?"

"It's just that, Violet's having a panic attack and I can't calm her down." She sounds distressed.

"I'm on my way."  My hand tightens around my phone. Who the fuck messed with her?

"Where you off to?" Rowan follows me to my car, basically running by my side. 

"Either call a driver or get in." He must of seen something in my expression, since he stops questioning me and listens.

I speed all the way to Violet's apartment. Flying past all the red lights. I see Rowan grip his seatbelt in my peripheral vision.

If it were any other day I'd feel bad. But I can't find it in me to slow down.

The familiar building of her apartment comes into view. I park in the parking garage, rushing to the elevators.

Rowan follows behind me with a questing stare. "What's wrong?" He asks, as we wait for the elevator to reach the fifth floor.

"Violet's having a panic attack." His eyes bulge out of their sockets. "Violet? Like Violet, Violet? The I was in love with her in high school Violet?"

"Shut the fuck up." I scowl. I've talked about her to him a couple of times, early on.

The elevator opens, I spring out of there making my way to her apartment. I try not to knock that hard, I don't want to scare her further.

Brielle opens the door, "she locked herself in the bathroom." Her gaze flickers being me, she does a double take before letting us in.

I walk straight to the bathroom, knocking softly. No response. "Violet? Amore? Open the door please."

The door swings open, the sight utterly breaks my heart. Her eyes, red and puffy, her cheeks, wet with tears. Her hair all disheveled. Red marks on her palms.

"Aless." She sobs, running into my chest. My hands run down her back, "what's wrong, my love?"

The questions makes her tense.

I look back at Brielle and Rowan. "You two can leave."

"I'm going to wait for Oak. We drove here in her car." She mumbles, worriedly watching Violet shake in my arms.

"Rowan will take you." I nod towards him. His eyes slightly widen as he hesitantly nods.

"Alright." She whispers grabbing her purse from the couch.

The door shuts behind us, Violet's quiet apartment fills with the sound of her sniffles and hiccups. I gently pick her up and walk her to her room. She reluctantly lets go of me as I set her down.

"Want to tell me what happened?" I ask, my hand comes up to wipe away her fallen tears.

She slowly looks up at me, her eyes swirl uncertainty as she fights a battle in her head. "My ex came to the bakery." Her arms reach out to me, pulling my body flush to hers. "Alessandro." She sobs. "He told me he knows I'm pregnant." Despite my anger, I keep my touch soft as I caress her back. "He says I better get an abortion before he takes care of it." She utters the phrase with such disgust it sends shivers up my spine.

"I need you to breathe." I tell her calmly as her breathing speeds up. "Slow breaths, Violet."

"He can't do that." She cries. Her eyes hold hope as she asks me, "that won't happen right?"

"No, I promise you. We won't let that happen." A little bit of relief washes over her face at my words. "Let me run you a bath ok?"

She nods as I walk over to her bathroom. Under her sink she stores all of her bath supplies. Rose petals, bath salts, bubbles, and bath bombs.

Once the tub is filled with warm water, bubbles, and some bath salts I call her back in so she can relax.

Violets red, puffy eyes light up at the sight. "That's like an entire spa." She grins, with a giddy expression on her face.

After her long bath, Violet walks out of the bathroom with a relaxed look.

"Felling better?" I ask, patting the spot next to me. She hops onto the bed, laying her head on my chest.

"Mhm, thank you." She leans up, placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I had the best idea ever."

"What's that?" I murmur, letting my hand fall to her lower back.

She gets up, leaning in her elbows, "I think we should adopt a cat."

My face immediately drops to a scowl. "Cats are creepy creatures." Violets lips tilt down in a frown. "Take that back."

"No, I'm sorry amore. We're not getting a cat." If possible, her lips bend into a bigger frown. "Please? I really want one."

I try not to look are her big pleading eyes. I fail. A small adorable pout sits on her pretty face along with her big pleading eyes.

"Fuck." I groan throwing my head back against the headboard, accepting my defeat. "I guess I'll get you a cat." I sigh.

She squeals, throwing her arms around my neck. "Thank you!" She repeats as she pampers my face in kisses.

I can't help the heat that comes rushing to my cheeks. Maybe a cat won't be so bad.

"You're blushing." She smiles down at me, squeezing my cheeks together.