Chapter ONE

She longs for air, although her airways have not thirsted for oxygen for decades. Carefully, she tries to pull herself up by the rusty bars. Her lungs ache as if flames still rested within her, slowly spreading like wildfire throughout her slight body. The humid air burns her eyes like remnants of a corrosive acid.

Where was she?

„I see you're finally awake? After all, a monster has to be kept in a cage. You are one, after all. Tell me my little thing, why did you do it? Was it worth it sweetie? Maybe I should inflict the same on you so you understand this is not a game."

The blood, certainly not hers, was already running hastily over her light-colored clothes. Already she regretted following her friend's advice and taking the plane to Romania. Winters or Meredith would certainly be looking for her soon. Even if Ethan should be dead by now. Yesterday she had heard via Telegram about Mia's murder and the kidnapping of her goddaughter.
Slowly, she crawls to the woman's source of origin, while the pool of blood under her body spreads across the small cell. 

„Too bad such a pretty face will soon be served for dinner.  Say what are you that you just slashed my maidservants and my cute pet like that? Actually, I thought that was my job. After all, I am the mistress here."

„Where am I?" the young woman coughed in despair. Even when her heart stopped pounding, however, she felt every ache. Something crackled loudly at her ears until long, sharp nails brushed eagerly to her body, goading her on. Tears of iron sulfide pricked at her eyes. But under the stony laughter of the Lady of Darkness, she would not reveal to her the satisfaction of her own weakness. She would rather throw herself into the pure sunlight.

„Why should I tell you, little thing. I could so easily crush you with my fingers. I'm sure Mother Miranda will be delighted to hear about my new toy. Soon she will be able to complete her experiment. And you will be the key."

Across the room, she hears the overly large heart pounding loudly. The blood was as raw as her own, but still it smelled different somehow, much more exotic. She did not answer the strange lady. Instead, she preferred to examine the cell more closely. She grabbed at the rotten wood of the chest and tried to pull herself up by it. The iron door opened all the way as her legs gave way beneath her and flew back into the pool of blood ungently. Hesitantly, she reached her fingers in. She realized it wasn't the oxygen or delicious flesh she craved at the moment - not her own and so she sank her face into it until her pale form, soon drenched in the dark red. Strength returned to her, as well as the strength she had possessed since being transformed by Meredith. She no longer feared her gift, but she did fear the large feet in the thin heels that now stood immediately beside her.

„Do you like it? Your best friend. What was her name again? Harriet, or was her name? She wasn't as brave as you, little girl. When my daughters fed on her together and tore her flesh from her bones. I haven't heard such sweet cries in a long time. You know sweetie, Mommy Dimitrescu unfortunately doesn't get as many guests as she would like."

She tried to peel the blood off her skin and back out of her mouth, but it was already in her system. The lady had to be Alcina, the lady who captured Harriet, the woman she tried to rescue Rose from, and the woman who once taught Meredith to fear.

„So desperate. You want to end up like her. Don't you, little girl? But why should I end a life when I'm doing you a favor. Your friend begged for it just as much, even more. But you killed and sucked out most of my staff in the blink of an eye without hesitation, as if they were little poodles sucked out by a bat. So silent. Doesn't that mean anything to you at all?"

The lady leaned toward her. Florence now made out that the lady was far larger than the cell she put the girl in. Long fingers grasped Florence and gently lifted her into her arms. Now she lay like a fragile baby in the lady's arms - unable to speak a single word.

„Such a sweet girl. Let's take care of you first, your punishment later. So sugary sweet. Now you are my Florence."

***************

Please tell me what you think. Want to read more of them in more chapters or no interest in their special situation?

Thank you for reading :)