Chapter 2 - Open

Lightbulb swayed side to side. Holding a plate of toast with a cup of apple juice. Even after spending the last nine years of their lives together, she never knew what kind of breakfast foods Paintbrush actually preferred. It wasn't that they wanted to keep it a secret, but anyone could read Lightbulb's intentions when she ever so innocently asked what food someone liked.

Until then, toast and apple juice would have to suffice as Painty's breakfast. She wasn't sure why she chose apple juice out of all things, it did have a tangy flavor to it, so that was something. A different music was playing in the elevator today, something a bit more jazzy. Lightbulb swung and swayed to the rhythm of the music. Only being able to free herself from the groove when the elevator dinged, signaling that she had arrived.

Stepping out and looking to the left, she could already see Paintbrush out of their room and talking with.. Paper.

How fun, the chance to be the first to talk to Painty, was given to the co-manager.. Lightbulb actually wasn't sure what Paper did. He worked at the front desk, but that was only because of the lack of workers around here. Did his job title really matter in the end? Lightbulb began to walk closer, not disturbing the two, but tried to show interest of what they were talking about. It couldn't be very private if they were out in the hallway.

"Hey Lightbulb," Paintbrush was the first to acknowledge her. Paper just giving a small wave and shy smile. "Paper was just filling me in on another Party OJ has planned-"

"Actually, it was my idea," Paper piped up. The hold on his hands, a little tighter than before. What was he so upset about, it was OJ who normally planned this stuff. Of course Painty would assume it was OJ.

"But, it is just a small welcome party. Nothing crazy like we did back in the old days.. haha. I just thought it could be a fun mix of both congratulating the people who made it this far and just a fun social," Paper smiled. He was always awkward with them. Too toothy, his eyes almost squeezed closed, and his body tensed a little when trying to hard. "You don't have to come. But I thought it would be a little more personal to tell people. Instead of wasting ink on flyers."

"Uhm.. yeah, I'll go. As long as there aren't any neon lights. The ride here still has be exhausted," Paintbrush leaned against their doorframe. Lightbulb wasn't sure if they were trying to be cool or show they secretly didn't care.

"Well, you already know I'm down to clown!" Lightbulb laughed. Painty just shook their head and rolled their eyes.

Paper began to leave- had the two already said goodbye? Lightbulb nodded to him, an act of saying some kind of goodbye. Her go to would be some hand gesture, but that was hard considering her ha da were full. Speaking of hands full, lightbulb turned back to Paintbrush. Who's full attention was back on her, just as life intended.

"So I got you some toast and apple juice," Lightbulb shook the drink and plate in front of Painty. Like showing off a treat to your pet.

Paintbrush took the food as they always did and opened the door a little wider for Lightbulb to come inside. Lightbulb had to question if Toast and apple juice was actually becoming Paintbrush's favorite food. Or maybe it was just one of those things. Where the person you love keeps burning your food, stepping on your foot while dancing, or even not washing the dishes right. It's annoying, disturbing, even a little painful. You can't help but not be angry at them, because you know they're just doing the best they can. Lightbulb was here, doing her best to provide for Painty, to make sure they were happy. Once again their routine would be back to normal.

The room was the same as all the others. It was paintbrush's old room, so their side was being kept relatively neat. However, to the side laid a new figure, Yin-Yang. The two were reading a book, it wasn't very big but obviously wasn't for those with a third grade reading level. Though, Lightbulb questioned if that would suit the two boys better. It had some vague title on the front without pictures. But it seemed to be entertaining enough for them both to read.

"Fan decided to bunk with Test Tube and Yin-Yang's room is under repair. OJ said it should be done by tonight though," Paintbrush explained. Setting the food and drink on the nightstand.

"Just because we'll be out of your room, doesn't mean we'll be out of your hair!" Yang laughed.

"You are welcome over if you miss us," Yin half joked. Did paintbrush really snort at that?

Lightbulb watched the two make conversation. Yin-Yang was eliminated so early in season two. With them being a fan favorite, they returned with Paintbrush. They stayed longer, with Paintbrush. They were now laughing with Paintbrush about things she didn't understand- Yin and Yang looked nothing like an egg!

Things were supposed to go back to normal. What happened?

...

Yin-Yang happened.