Piano Lessons

-fluff-
The King by Sarah Kinsley is recommended to listen too!!
Y/N entered the MNH cafe and slumped into a chair. Pulling out her headphones and laptop she boredly clicked around messing with a song she had been making for her group. However, there's one small problem. She doesn't know how to play the piano.

Yoonsung who had just walked in, spotted Y/N while grabbing a coffee, he ran to take the seat across from her. "You look upset lovebug" He said silently sipping his drink. Y/N looked up from her laptop and sighed, "I don't know Yoonie, this song is just killing me" she said resting her cheek in her hand. Yoonsung smiled at her pouting.

"Can I hear it?" he said, Y/N nodded handing him the headphones and pressed play. Yoonsung had always loved his lovebugs voice, but this song was so different. He thought it show cased her voice in ways he's never even heard before.
"I wanna add a piano melody behind bass, but I don't know how to play the piano and it's just-" she groaned shutting the laptop.

"You do know I can play the piano right?" Yoonsung said, Y/N looked up and blushed bright red. Of course he could, over the past few months Y/N was trying hard to find something her boyfriend couldn't do. Dance, sing, play the piano, etc etc... she didn't know how he did it but he's full of surprises.

Later that day, Yoonsung sat snuggly in a practice booth with Y/N with a piano in front of them. Yoonsung was caught up in teaching her the keys and what the mechanics of the piano are. "Okay so you wanna place your hands on the keys like this" he said placing his own on the keys. Y/N scrunched her eyebrows and tried her best to copy but Yoonsung tsked and grabbed her hands softly.

"Like this love bug"

"oh"

Y/N was in shock with Yoonsungs patience with her. She was never known to be a faster leaner, and was easily frustrated. However, Yoonsung kept reassuring her she was doing great by kissing her temple softly.

" Do you want me to play it once over for you and then we can break it up for you from there" he said as Y/N stared at the paper with messy notes on the sides and music notes all over the place. She nodded and set it on the stand.

Yoonsung from there was able to play it beautifully. Damn it, how could he do it? Y/N thought. "How did that sound?" She was snapped from her thoughts as she heard the piano playing had suddenly stopped. "That was super good Yoonie!" she said hugging his side. He laughed and then moved over so Y/N had a better angle of the keys.

From there on Yoonsung broke up each sections teaching her carefully. An hour had passed, Y/N was able to play it but still made a lot of mistakes. Going too fast, pressing the wrong key, ugh this was harder than she had planned. "How about we call it a night?" Yoonsung said grabbing her attention as she played with her pen.

Yoonsung had packed up and looked to Y/N. "Aren't you coming?" he said. "You go with the boys...I'm gonna just play around for awhile" she smiled and nodded to Yungyu and Jaeyun, who waited outside the booth. Yoonsung sighed and thought for a second before nodding. "Don't overwork yourself please" he said giving her a quick kiss goodbye.

Did Y/N listen to him? No...duh.

The next morning Y/N woke up to an angry knock on the door to the booth she basically locked herself in. Yoonsung stood there with two coffees in hand. She opened the door letting him in. "What did I say?" he said, Y/N rolled her eyes.

"Shhh look" she said excitedly, and placed her hands on the keys. Y/N had played through the entire song plus added a piece in the beginning and she played like she had for years. Yoonsung scrunched his eyebrows, "how?-" he started before Y/N cut him off. "I watched a couple youtube videos and then eventually with your teaching was able to do it after the fifth or sixth try" she yawned.

Yoonsung smiled to his girlfriend and pet her head softly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "I'm proud of you lovebug" she smiled and scooted the computer to him. "Listen" she said pressing the play button.

The soft intro played as drums soon joined in the melody. "Just listen to the lyrics" she smiled and watched Yoonsungs face as he listened. He blushed and smiled looking at her, "is this about me?" he questioned. She smiled and shrugged "I'm your king" she said, kissing his cheek.

(if you listened to the song you'll understand the reference 🤓)