what does it mean

A/N image found on pintrist I think lol also after two more chapters or so maybe no more angst idk

Venti soon woke up as he gasped and left forward. He sat there looking down into his lap as he cried trying to catch hes breath.

Diluc woke up from the sudden move ment as he slowly sat up and looked at venti "venti?....are you ok?" He asked concerned as he placed hes hand on the others shoulder

Venti turned to diluc still crying as he looked like he seen something horrible. He soon hugged diluc tightly not wanting to let go. Diluc hugged him back concerned and confused "v-venti...what happen?" He asked softly

Venti was sighlent befor he spoke "I....I had a bad dream" he said threw tears. Diluc sighed "do you want to talked about it? What...what happened in it" he asked before he rubbed ventis back attempting to calm him down .

((Slight blood mention!))

"..i..it was about you...a-and...there was blood...a lot of it....and y-you weren't...you weren't alive.." he said the last part quietly as he laid hes head on dilucs chest still holding onto him tight "i...ive never had a bad dream like that...i..it scared me" he added softly.

Diluc sighed as he continued to hold venti " hey...it'll be ok alright....I'm here it was a dream so it's not real" he softly "let's go back to sleep ok? And I promise nothing bad will happen ok?" He aaid as he laid down with venti. Venti nodded staying here he was when they where sitting up. Soon he fell back to sleep and diluc did to.

In the morning diluc woke up but he didn't see venti. He sat up and wondered where that bard could have gone. He sighed and changed befor he went down stairs asking the maids if they seen him.
Moco said she seen him go outside but didn't know where.

Diluc thanked her before going out side. The maids where a bit concerned since they never seen diluc this worried or wanted to find some one especially venti.

Vsnti was outside on the roof dressed in hes new outfit he wore yesterday. He sat up there looking out at the view. He held he knees to hes chest as he looked tierd.

Diluc looked around befor he looked up at the roof. He seen venti and sighed "venti?" He yelled a bit.

Venti looked down at diluc befor he got off the roof jumping down carefully not to fall. Once down he looked at diluc "You ok?" He asked.

Venti sighed "yeah I'm ok..." he said looking down "j..just don't worry about me ok? ....like you said...it was just a dream" he said still looking away.

Diluc looked at him "venti...I'm going to worry about you...look the maids informed me I need to go to liyue for some special order of dandelion wine so while I'm gone I need ypu to get rest you look tierd."

Venti looked at diluc worried "w-wait liyue....but that's atleast a two day trip and then a two day trip back" he aaid messing with the sleeves of hes shirt "c...can I just go with you...pleas" he asked softly.

Diluc sighed "no...I want you to stay here and rest I'll try to be back sooner then possible ok?" He said folding hes arms.

"B-but I-"vento stopped as he was cut off by diluc
"I said no!...." he said raising hes voice a bit "i..I didn't mean to raise my voice" he said sighing " here...you can have my jacket untill i get back"he said handing it to venti.

Venti grabbed it and put it on sighing "fine..." he said putting hes jacket on. He then hugged diluc softly as he closed hes eyes for a bit "pleas...come back safe" he said softly.

Diluc hugged him back "I will. "

Soon after diluc left for liyue to go deal with this specialprder pr whatever. Venti stayed in dilucs room for most the day. Diluc told the maids to keep and eye on venti and so they did every so often they would check on him and he told them he was ok.

Venti sighed as he laid down still in dilucs jacket as heblaid there staring at the wall. He then attempted to get sleep and everything was ok untill it wasn't.

Venti woke up again but not on the ground like last time. He was standing from afare unable to move. He was confused but looked around befor he seen diluc fighting some one. Venti tried yelling for him but it seemed as he couldn't hear him. He panicked befor everything disappeared, he looked around again befor he woke up. He started crying a bit before he sighed, he wiped hes eyes and held hes head in hes hands "why is this happening....why now" he mumbled to himself as he sighed "I should of gone with him" he mumbled before signing 'screw it' he thought to himself before he grabbed hes bag packed some extra clothes and headed down stairs.

He avoided the maid before swiping some apples and seating off to catch up with diluc. He knew he wasn't that far so if he hurried he could catch up with him. Although venti knew diluc would be very pissed off at him he didn't care as long as he knew he was safe.

After some time it was about the middle of the day. Venti was tierd and had no one to complain to about hes legs hurting. He soon looked ahead and seen two people and what looked like a cargo ballon.. he got happy since he knew it was diluc. He started running before he called out for diluc.

Diluc soon stopped as he heard venti. He let out a sigh as he turned and looked at him. Venti caught up with him as he looked t him "I thought I told you to stay st the whinery" he said crossing hes arms.

"I know but I wanted tobgo with you.....and besid no one tells me what to do" he huffed crossing hes arms to.

Diluc rolled hes eyes "whatever let's just go" he said before they all began walking again. Venti walked behind diluc hes legs and feet hurting a bit more. He was regretting wearing hes boots instead of his normal shoes bit oh well. After a bit he soon made a comment
"Master diluuuc....when are we gonna stop my legs are tierd" he said complaining as he looked at him.

Diluc sighed "we can stop soon" he said softly but venti wasn't gonna stop complaining "but I want to stop now" he said.

Doluc sighed he sounded like a 5 year old. He soon went to him and picked his up like a child "better?" He asked

Venti nodded "yes...thank you" he said softly.

After some time it had been getting late. The sun was setting and they where not at the harbor yet but luckily they had gotten to the wangshu inn so they agreed to stay there for a night.

Once inside dilic bought a room for him and venti befor the went up there to drop there stuff off at. Once in venti quickly took hes boots off and laid on the bed "Ugh my legs are so sore" he complained

"But you didn't even walk the rest of the way here" he said sighing "come on let's go get dinner and then bed so we ca get an early start" he said waiting for venti

"Finee" he said getting up befor he put hes boots back on and followed diluc. They soon ate and went upstairs back to there room not long after. They soon made it back and venti took hes boots off befor changing. Once done he laid dilucs jacket in a chair in there befor laying in the bed. Diluc soon after changing also laid in the bed and looked at venti.

Venti sighed befor he spoke "I....I hade another and dream...when you left the whinery....I tried sleeping...but....I couldn't " he mumbled a bit.
Diluc sighed and hugged venti bringing him close "well im here now so try and sleep ok just don't think so much about it" he said befor kissed the top of hes head.

Venti nodded befor giving a small smile as he closed hes eyes holding onto diluc as he started to fall asleep. Diluc held onto venti keeping hes close as the two slept.

A/N finally done ehhehe

Word count 1462