Prologue

A small breath left your lips as you gazed at the wide space in front of you, the airport was bustling with people, all in modern clothing that has become almost unfamiliar from the large amount of time you've last seen someone wearing it in public.

It wasn't uncommon for wizards to wear muggle clothing, but it's obvious most of them preferred robes and cloaks even today. You'd be lying if you weren't fond of them yourself, though growing up with muggles has made you more used to pants and shirts.

You tugged at the hem of your jacket, before feeling your right wrist, relaxing slightly at the feeling of the wand holster strapped there. You never felt safe without it on your person at all times, and who could blame you really? After a year of running from the Dark Lord and his followers, who wouldn't be cautious? Especially after what they did to you and your friends…

You quickly shook your head, refusing to have these type of thoughts when you were going on vacation- well, "vacation". It was just a nicer way of saying you needed space. Was going to another country for an undisclosed amount of time a bit of a stretch? Maybe, but you felt like that was the only way to actually escape.

You didn't want to deal with the media right now. Wizarding media was just as bad as muggle media. 'Maybe even worse' you thought to yourself, memories of Rita Skeeter emerging forth.

After the battle of Hogwarts, the mass amount of bodies had to be transferred to St. Mungo's to have a scan done before they could be buried. The castle had to be rebuilt, and so many other parts of magical Britain had to be remade as well. You grimly thought about how grateful the rest of the world should be, for they didn't sustain nearly as much damage.

You felt selfish for thinking this, because you knew Voldemort had followers everywhere, they just made the most havoc where they needed to.

Getting up when they announced your plane would be leaving soon, your thoughts couldn't help but spiral a bit.

They would wreck the most havoc wherever you were, after all, you're [Y/N] Potter.

The Girl Who Lived.

After you got off the plane, you were immediately blasted by the amount of people on the airport, the announcer for flights first loudly proclaiming the next flight in Japanese, before shifting into accented English. Shaking your head, you ignored the people bustling around and gently shouldered your way through the crowd. You walked into one of the bathrooms, which was conveniently empty, and with one glance at the address you had written down earlier, you disappeared with an audible crack.

Popping back into existence in an alleyway near your new house, you rubbed your neck with a small cough. Apparating has always been uncomfortable for you, even after you've gotten used to it. 

Shaking off the oh-so-familiar feeling of being forced through a tight tube, you dusted yourself off, checked your wand again and felt around in your pocket for your shrunken trunks. Once you made sure they didn't fall out  anywhere, you proceeded to walk out of the alleyway and walk down the street towards your new house.

You walked by some couples and older people, who glanced at you, seemingly disapprovingly. You knew it was because it's school time and you're, well, in their eyes you're still a high schooler, but right now you were too tired from the 11 hour long flight to really care about what the locals thought of you.

Soon, you arrived at the front steps of your new temporary house, even now it was covered by enough charms to be a decent hide-out, but you planned to add a few anyways.

Some might call you paranoid, but you can never be too careful.

Constant vigilance, as Moody would say.