Chapter 1

I'm glad people are already liking what I set up! So here's chapter 1!

" underlined and italics text " - means that English is being spoken!

" Normal text " is Japanese!

Please enjoy the chapter!

You only had a split second to react before the thing in the dark lunged forward and tried to take a bite out of you

Thankfully, getting bullied, going to war and almost constantly getting murdered has one perk, it's the pure survival instinct of dodging and diving away from potentially lethal spells, curses and even fists and teeth.

Diving to the side and rolling over so that you ended up back on your feet while narrowing your eyes at the ...man... that stumbled and whipped his head around to growl at you when he realized you were in fact, not under him or in his mouth.

A grimace appeared on your face when you noticed that he(?) was still, quite intensively, you thought to yourself, drooling at the sight of you..., plus the sickly shade of green that his skin had definitely wasn't normal, this man also appeared to have, as far as you could see, devil horns.

That ruled out him being an inferius[1] then, because even though the skin colour matches, everything else is wrong.

"Marechi..."[2] the man, being, whatever it was groaned out, sounding almost drunk "You must be...you smell, so good...!"

...And of course, he was speaking Japanese, which confirms that you are, in fact, still in Japan...and you forgot to apply a translation charm, by the look of it.

You didn't have any more time to think about your forgetfulness when the thing was lunging at you again, this time more precisely and way faster.

Eyes widening, you shouted the first spell that came to mind, and also the spell that tends to work against most magical creatures.

"Incendio!"[3]

Of course, the creature promptly burst into flames and dropped mid lunge onto the ground like a sack of potatoes, the screams that followed behind it made you cringe guiltily, you don't particularly like making people or other beings suffer, but your entire life taught you that if you didn't defend yourself well enough, you would definitely end up mangled or dead.

You held your wand tightly as you peered down at the writhing creature, grimacing again as it continued to scream as its flesh started to peel away.

However, you quickly noticed that despite it burning away inch by inch, new skin seemed to appear only mere seconds later, as if despite it burning it had some sort of regenerative ability to heal its own tissue.