Chapter 19

Chapter 19:: Secrets:: One Republic

The whole way home, I contemplating ways I could drop the bomb.

Should I just right out say it? Or maybe I should text her.

I cringed. Texting her would be low of me.

I looked over at my best friend, thinking how she doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves to cheated on.

Amy's curly hair bounced with her as she sang to that new Ariana Grande song. She was smiling. She smiled a lot now a days, more so than usual.

And to think it was because of a cheating bastard.

Amy stopped driving and I looked up and realized that we already reached my house.

"Hey, um, you wanna come in?"

"Nah." She smiled. "I have a date tonight."

"No!" I yelled. "You can't go."

Amy narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm sorry, but why?"

I bit my lip and looked out the window.

"Nady?" She asked. "What do you have to tell me?"

"Louis is cheating on you." I said it. There.

I looked at her face. She was staring at me looking at every aspect, trying to see if I was lying.

"I'm sorry."

Amy's bottom lip trembled. "Goodbye, Nadya."

I cringed at her hard time and climbed out the car. "I'm so sorry, Amelia." I used her first name, showing her that I was indeed serious. She cringed at the name. Only her mother called Amy that.

And Amy's mom was gone.

I closed the door when she didn't reply and watched as she drove off.

♠♠♠

As I walked up to my house I stopped when I saw a figure on my steps.

I sighed, "What are you doing here, Lucas?"

I approached him and watched as he stood to his full height. He smirked at me and I noticed he didn't "have the stupid contacts in allowing me to see his eyes.

Lucas examined my face, his cocky smirk falling, and stepped closer to me. I tensed as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him. I stumbled and braced my arms on his chest.

This was weird. I never recalled hugging Lucas before.

It was weird but nice. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled tighter.

"Come on." Lucas took my hand and dragged me up the steps. I took out the key and turned. Lucas and I walked throughout the front door one at a time.

"What are you doing her Lucas?"

He looked over at me. "I'm here to see my favorite girl of course." I rolled my eyes. "Hungry?"

"Lucas."

"I feel like Chinese." he says, still ignoring me. He strolls over to my kitchen and opens the fridge.

"Are you aware that you have no food?"

"I believe in the art of takeout." I say. I climbed up on my island and pulled out the draw. I took out the Chinese takeout menu and wave it at him. He looked over at me and practically ran to me trying to grab it.

I held it away from him, "Nope. Tell me why your here."

Lucas leaned over me, bracing his arms on either sides as he looked at me. "I'll tell you..."