9. ​ꜱᴡᴋ & ᴍᴀᴄᴀQᴜᴇ

requested by: Lilith_of_the_valley [AO3]

synopsis: things get a bit tense after returning home with the six-eared macaque by your side.

cw: helluva boss reference.

words: 488

❥❥❥

"...and then when you threw me against the wall I felt the wall was gonna collapse!" Your excited voice made Wukong perk up as he stood by the entrance of his cave.

"If I hadn't done that, you would've created a hole in my head with your kick," Another voice, Macaque's, made Wukong's mood dampen.

The Monkey King decided to step out of the waterfall, and what greeted him was the sight of you being carried by Macaque on his back. His hand clenched into a fist as he witnessed how close your faces were, and his tail flicked angrily as his rival leaned closer to lick your cheek.

"Got a lil' something on ya," Macaque pulled back and watched in amusement as you gagged. You glared at the smug bastard and pulled on his hair, "Yeah well you got a lil' something on your head!"

"Easy, easy!" Macaque winced, but his smile never faltered.

The two of you were so lost in your banter that a cough made the two of you jump.

"Wukong?" You chirped as you spotted the Monkey King standing before you two. "You never wait for me outside of the cave, what's the special occasion?"

"Oh nothing, just thought I'd come and get my-" Wukong sped over to the two of you and snatched you off of Macaque's back. "-friend and bring her home, you must be so tired from today..."

Wukong then stared at Macaque with a neutral expression and said, "You can leave now."

"Can't he stay for a little while?" You asked. "I mean, he did carry me all the way here."

"Yeah, can't I?" Macaque taunted. "Me and [N/n] have so many things to talk about still."

"Heh, no, you aren't taking one step into my home," Wukong responded as his tone got sharper. "And stop calling her that! Only I get to do that."

"But he's my friend, Sunny, he can call me that, and hey! This is my home too, right? So I can invite whoever I want!" You retorted. You heard Wukong snort as he changed the way he held you and carried you over his shoulder.

"Anyone else is fine, but him? No," Wukong switched his gaze from you to his archenemy who watched the two of you with an amused grin.

"It's okay, plum, I'll come by next time then," Macaque shrugged. His eyes flickered over to the fuming Monkey king as he added more fuel to the fire, "Next time we can visit the hot springs I mentioned last time, we could even go to the shared baths and-"

"-As if, this ass is mine!" Wukong he rose his hand and slapped your ass before pivoting on his heel and jumping through the parted waterfall, all while ignoring your high-pitched shrieking and cursing.

"....what the fuck-"