AJ Senna da Silva

Name:
Ayrton Senna da Silva Junior/Jr.

Nicknames:
AJ

Birthday
27 october 1999 (23 years old)

Place of birth:
São Paulo, Brasil

Father:
Ayrton Senna da Silva

Personal life/Race career:
The little Senna started young with driving go-karts around. First drive was at the age of 3. Following her father and his kart around with her own go-kart. Sometimes even doing a little race against one another. Ayrton always letting her win. Her first race was at age 7. Although she didn't win her first race, it was clear that she was her father's daughter. She quickly matured into a good racer, thanks to her father's help, who always stood proudly on the sideline. Yet he was also stern sometimes, but he just wanted the best for AJ.

Sadly, on the 1st of may 2010, when AJ was 10 years old, Ayrton Senna had a fatal crash in the San Marino Grand Prix at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in Italy. This tragic event caused her to stop racing for about 1.5 years. Untill she came back to honor her father's legacy in 2012. She quickly made her way through the classes of karting to the formula 3 and then formula 2. Always with a photo of her father in her cockpit. But in 2018 AJ crashed in the first race of the season. She didn't race that season and since 2018 no one had seen her race or heard of her racing. The crash and loosing her father because of a crash, made her insecure and scared. Many say that it was the reason why there was no Senna racing in Formula.

Now in 2023 it was announced that Audi would join the formula 1 grid. Nobody expected or knew who the two drivers where that Audi had signed. So it was a suprise when the names got announced and the second driver would be Ayrton Senna da Silva Jr. In secret she had helped out Audi with building the car, without anyone knowing. It was a suprise to say the least but fans where thrilled to see a Senna on track once again. But racing is a different state of mind than testing a car.

Racing Number:
In her karting days, AJ used the number 72. But after her father's crash, she now drives her dad's number 27.

Helmet:
Her own helmet also has the same colors as her dad's but a different design. On the right side is a small colored McLaren MP4/4, the car her father won his first world title in F1.

____________________________________________

Author note:
The year of Senna's crash is pure for this book.

Audi joins IRL in 2026 I believe, so they are also just here for the purpose of the book. Because I want to keep the 2023 grid.