Let the season begin (Bahrein GP)

Bahrein GP 2023 Starting Grid
1. Verstappen
2. Perez
3. Leclerc
4. Vettel
5. Sainz
6. Alonso
7. Russell
8. Hamilton
9. Stroll
10. Ocon
11. Hulkenberg
12. Norris
13. Senna
14. Bottas
15. Zhou
16. Tsunoda
17. Albon
18. Sargeant
19. Magnussen
20. Piastri
21. De Vries
22. Gasly

Bahrein GP track

(AJ's P.O.V)

Laps 1 through 6.
The G-force pushed against my body as the Audi went faster and faster down the straight towards the first corner. I imagined that every drivers eyes where everywhere trying to cease an opporunity to either gain a position or keep their currant one. I looked to my right to see where Bottas was, I was far enough in front of him to know that he won't be fighting me anymore. Instead he will keep an eye on his own place, defending from Yuki's Alpha-Tauri. Now I had to make sure that Lando, who was directly infront of me, won't brake to early that I would bump into him. I went slightly to the right, considering the Audi went slightly faster than the Mclaren, coming close to his right rear tyre. But not enough for me to attack. Rounding the first corner I had to wait for my opportunity. But in the second and third corner I came more next to Lando. Alongside one another we went down the straight from corner 3 to corner 4. A good position for me. After all, I was on the inside and more to the apex. And thus in corner 4, I took my second overtake of my race. "Well done. 2 places gained in 4 corners" Jack came through the radio, "keep it up". I kept my eye on Lando as he tried to attack again.

But I managed to defend well enough against him that he stayed behind me

But I managed to defend well enough against him that he stayed behind me. Now I drove after Ocon who lost his place to Hulkenberg. I was gaining on him in the corners. But the Alpine managed to slightly run from me on the straights. When DRS was enabled in lap 3, I finally managed to take Esteban's place from him. It was the last DRS sector of the track that I overtook him, the straight between corners 10 and 11. He did try and defend against me. But he was falling just out of Hulkenberg's DRS to manage against my speed. The Audi and Alpine were fairly similair on the straight but the Alpine just went a tad bit faster. But it surely wont be able to compete if I was the only one with DRS. But this gained position was soon taken from me when we came back to the straight from corner 13 to 14. He was in my slipstream and came beside me. I had to think of my next move. I could defend in the corner because I had the better line on the apex. But then he will take the DRS. I decided to steal the DRS from him by braking earlier before turn 14. The DRS detection gave me the notification that I have it. And coming down to the straight, beside the stands and the pitwall, I re-took the position. "P10. You are in the points" Jack said as I rounded the corner. I put my head down and replied "now lets get more". I chased after Nico while leaving Ocon behind. I gained on him and finally when we came back around to the start/finish. I saw my opportunity and Hulkenberg knew it aswell as he went defense in turn 1. I get another DRS sector as I take a different line between turn 2 and 3. Then we climb the hill up the straight to turn 4. I take the inside for P9 but the cars stay side by side as we go through. But I have the inside to corner 8 and keep my gained position.