Chapter 2 : Present

I finally made my dream came true.

🎉

It has now been years and I now have a job. I have forgotten all about love and my crushes. My friends have all been setting up dates for me but I refused.

My mom has been asking me when will I get a boyfriend but I did not answer and just walk away.

I just didn't want to get false hope again.

I was eating my favourite bread in my favourite bakery when I saw someone familiar walking pass. I decided to ignore it and continue looking at the video I was watching.

One day I received news that my friend was getting married with her boyfriend that was with her for years. I felt happy and cheered for her.

She gave me a invitation card and I happily accepted it.

But I never knew that I would come across him during that day.

It was her wedding day. Me and my other friends were told to be bridemaids. I felt abit insecure as I was wearing a dress that showed my curves.

I was still traumatised of the day that I was called fat and the hateful stares I received but since it was my friend best day. I have decided to just deal with it.

It was time for my friend and her boyfriend vows. They both said their vows passionately with love.

I then felt jealous again. Will this day even happen to me? Will I ever met the one?

I was staring at both of them when I felt someone staring. I look at the people and saw someone familiar.

It was him.. So Junghwan.. My eyes widen when he stared back at me. I look away with disbelief and stared at the ground.

Why is he here? Is he related to the groom? Why is he staring at me? I look back at him to see him looking at my friend and her boyfriend.

I felt relieved..But why is my heart racing?
I realised that my feelings for him has not disappeared.

Everyone was clapping as I watched the two of them kiss. My friend was finally married.

It was time for everyone to eat and talk. Me and my friends decided to take some food and eat at a table.

Me and my friends were talking about how our friend is finally married to her beloved boyfriend.

When one of my friend nudged me.

"Isn't that Junghwan? The one you had a crush on?" I looked at where she was pointing.

To see him eating with his friends and the groom. That is when I knew him and the groom were close.

As my friend aka the bride came to us, me and my friends cheered for her.

She slapped my shoulder as I teased her that she was finally married to the man of her dreams.

"Oh please, it will be your turn soon."

I was abit confused when she told me. What does she mean it will be my turn soon?

I decided to ignore her words and teased her even more.

🎉

The wedding has ended and I decided to take a visit to the washroom.

I wanted to go home with my other friends. But I have forgotten that they all have their own boyfriends to pick them up. I was the only one who did not have a boyfriend.

I looked at the mirror seeing if I looked good. I nodded with a sigh of relieve. I then walked outside and waited at a bus stop. It already has been 10 minutes but there was no bus in sight.

Suddenly a car then stopped infront of me. I was confused when suddenly the window went down to see Junghwan.

My eyes widen.. What is he doing here?

"Hey do you want a ride?"

I wanted to refuse him when I realised that I probably had to wait for a bus for a long time. I then agreed when he went out of his car and open the door for me.

"Oh thanks.." I went inside his car and wear the seatbelt.

He then came inside. I then realised that I am in the same car as him. I started to feel awkward that I started to looked outside.

I was unable to look at my phone as it was low battery. What a good timing.

"So uhh where do you live?"

"Oh XXX."

He then said that he lived there too. I was surprised.

"I recently moved there as it was nearer to my workplace."

I stared at him and nodded. The drive back was awkward when he started asking questions.

"So you must be Ezra. I heard a lot about you from Jeongwoo."

Jeongwoo was my friend's groom.

I just said oh when he also asked.

"You are also from XXX too right? I saw you a lot of times in school."

I replied back that I saw him around the school too. I didn't want it to be obvious that I used to have a crush on him.

"Well I guess now I will meet you often. Maybe we should even hang out together. How does that sound?"

I was shocked that I turn to him fast. "Hangout?"

"Yep.. I mean why not. Maybe I can get to know you better since we are gonna be neighbours."

I then replied with a sure. A lot of questions started forming in my head. He is just asking that because we are neighbours right?

Yeah yeah definitely that.

Before I knew it, we already reached to our destination. I then thank him and smiled and quietly walk back home without turning back.

I reached my room and quietly looked outside the window and saw that he was gone. I then sighed in relieve.

I then layed on my bed. Thinking about what just happen. I squealed while hugging my pillow.

That's when I knew that I still had feelings for him.

: The previous chapter didn't get 10 stars but I was so eager to post the next chapter so here it is~ :