souls chase//souls bound

april 25

the sun beams brightly as my hands dig into the sand below me. billie sits next to me, looking at me instead of the sunset yet again.

i try to fight the smile on my face, the blush coating my cheeks but i can't and i know billie knows it. she chuckles, i look over at her "what's funny?"

she smiles with her teeth, and might i add it made my cheeks burn even more.
"you're cute when you blush" is what she says, kissing me after.

"am not" i respond. billie furrows her eyebrows with a nod of her head "uh yes you are?"
i smile and lean my head on her shoulder. i'm so in love with this woman it's absolutely insane.

when i'm with her i can't help but think of our lives before. did my soul chase her through the ends of times? did she chase mine?

how long have our souls chased each other? will we find each other again?
will we know?

so many questions that i don't know the answer to, yet i don't mind.

"why are you smiling," billie asked me.

"no reason" i respond, she shakes her head "tell me what you're thinking."

i grab her hand, interlocking our fingers as if it's the last thing i'll do.
"i'm just thinking about you, that's all."

billie laughs, kissing our molded hands.

her laugh; alluring and sweet like the spring, gosh it was enough to make me think of all the other times she's ever laughed.
it makes me think of the way her eyes crinkle when she laughs so big she forgets to breathe, the way she just can't seem to stop when she starts.

she lives inside of my head, placing herself in every little thing inside of me. she makes sure to get every detail into the crannies of my brain, but i don't mind.
because billie is special, kind— beautiful.

and for a million and one reasons, i love her for it.

336 words