Love in the Dreamhouse (pt 7)

**author note**
slightly shorter part here cause I'm writing when I really shouldn't be lmao

Ryan POV:

I've arranged to meet Ken at the beach in 33 minutes. I'm early. I'm always early. But I don't mind waiting. Just sitting on my surfboard, in the sand and listening to the waves. It's everything I need.
I've left the rush of Malibu and am now in a state of tranquillity that is exactly what I need right now.

Ken POV:

I'm late. Of course I'm late. I'm always late, goddammit. My car pulls up next to the steps, and I yank my board out of the back and begin to traipse down the rickety steps. This particular beach is hidden behind some cliffs, which makes it a beautiful with great waves, but the stairs up the cliffs are a pain.
I think I see Ryan. He's in the sea already?  I try not to feel disappointed.
I finally reach the bottom and look for him in the waves. It's a good five minutes before I realise I'm looking at the wrong person. I cast my eyes around the beach and there he is!
I open my mouth to say hi, but then stop.

Ryan is lying on his surfboard, which is wedged in the sand, with his eyes closed. He looks so peaceful. The wind in his hair, the soft rise and fall of his chest. He looks like he belongs. Like he's free.

Ryan POV:

I slowly open my eyes at the sound of soft sand moving next to me. It's Ken.

To my surprise, he says not a word, but places his surfboard in the sand and lies down next to me.

In that moment, we're just two people. Not Ryan, the school bad boy, or Ken, the nerd. Just him and me. Just us. It's beautiful.
I can hear his slow breathing next to me. I can hear the rush of the waves, the birds on the cliffs.
In that moment, we're one with nature. Just us.  Him and me. Me and him. Ken and Ryan.