Love in the Dreamhouse (pt8)

*again slightly shorter but thought I'd kick off the New Year with Love in the Dreamhouse pt 8! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!*

KEN POV:
When i get home, the first thing i do is contemplate how exactly I got into this situation. I don't regret it, exactly, i just cant shake the feeling of total inadequacy.
My phone buzzes sharply next to me and I check it quirkily- no, not Ryan. Just my best friend Bibble.
I'm always grateful for his constant support, despite his habit of adding '-poo' to the end of every noun.

Bibblepoo: i heard abt the drama at ur school
Bibblepoo: all good?

I smile. Bibble and I go to different schools, as he lives in the state of Fairytopia. Nevertheless, there has never been a better friend than Bibble.

You: all good here
You: typical school romance drama 😭

I don't tell him everything; that's something for a video call at the very least.
~

RYAN POV:

Ken and I have been spending more time together recently. My sister Raquel teases me about it, but I don't mind. I feel relaxed when I'm with him, like i don't have to keep up the bad boy façade.
i mean, i love my style, the way i dress and act, but i do wish people would look past that. And Ken does. Which, to be honest, feels exhilarating.
School remains a bore, but I keep Barbie in the back of my mind. I hope Ken and I can remain friends after all this is done. Even though my priority is making her jealous, I am really enjoying his company, his nerdy collection of something called a "schlond poofa" and I even exchanged contacts with his best friend Bibble.
He told me that in order to pull this off, we need to properly get to know each other.
I tell him about Raquel, and he talks about his array of family pets. I learn about his favourite colour, favourite animal, his love of surfing and the sea, the fact he volunteers to lifeguard the Malibu beaches every weekend. In turn, I share trivial details about myself along with all of the main parts, things I reckon only a couple would know.
At school, Ken becomes more comfortable with the idea of us being boyfriends and displays of affection in public places. He even seems to get along with some of my friends, something which, despite his nerdy exterior, I still wouldn't have guessed. He did seem a bit tense after meeting them for the first time, so I leaned over and breathed, 'Don't worry, cupcake. Even I don't like my friends sometimes."