| Alternate Ending: Part 2 |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language, Metkayina sign language, and Jake's inner thoughts)

A/N: Ill admit that this chapter was written when I was practically half asleep lmao Im sorry if its messy, but i'll fix it! bare with me shsh I'll probably fix all of this when the revisions for both books are in order so don't worry shsh for now, enjoy the very last chapter of Barricades Vol 2! 🤍
-

You were the first one to lunge at Quaritch, doing a faux swing of your weapon that tricked him into thinking you'd go one way, but you got the chance to slice his arm deep and get behind him. Quaritch hissed and stumbled forward, looking at his arm and then back up at you with a sneer. You kept a defensive stance, holding tightly to your dagger, prepared for any attack he thre your way. Quaritch spotted a pipe across from him, he grabbed it, and attempted to swing it directly at you. Fortunately, you thought faster and dodged it, avoiding the strike by a mere centimeter.

Quaritch dropped the pipe, realizing it wasn't doing him any good and started to lunge at you himself. He yelled as he approached you, but when he tried to punch you, you swerved it and kicked his gut with all of your remaining strength and energy. This sent him backward, shoving him against the wall behind him. Breathing heavily, but quickly gaining his composure, the Colonel looked up at you and seethed in anger. You stepped closer to him, keeping a safe distance if he attacked.

You try not to waver when you see him reach for his gun. All you had on you was your dagger and he was full of weapons, so you had to be cautious. It seems that the man quickly got back his composure and lunged at you much quicker than you anticipated, but you sidestepped, making him stumble and you took this as your opportunity to grab his arm, twisting it and bending it behind him. Quaritch yelled painfully as you began to bend his fingers and elbows behind his back. "Move an inch and i'll break both of your damn arms," You said lowly, pulling his arm back further and prompting for him to scream louder.

Eventually, you let him go but kicked his back, which caused him to fall forward on his stomach. You had bent his arm so much that he still had it in the same position that you twisted it in. You stepped closer to him, watching as he writhed in pain. You started to let your thoughts run free as you watched him. This felt a little too easy. He was not putting up much of a fight, making you feel more cautious.

"Where is my husband?" You asked lowly. You hadn't seen Jake ever since you got here alone, and if Quaritch was here with you, what did it mean for your mate? The Colonel laughed dryly and your face contorted into one of confusion. "What's so funny?" You asked with no amusement whatsoever. Quaritch somehow managed to get his arm back to how it used to be, but he was still too weak to get up. He was trying to stall you, and you had already caught on to what he was doing. You weren't stupid.

"Sully? Oh, I almost forgot about him. A corpse isn't of much importance to me," Quaritch taunted, and your eyes widened, feeling your heart drop and sink to your stomach. What did he just say? That can't be right. It can't be.

He was just trying to distract you, wasn't he? Yeah, he was. Jake wouldn't let himself be defeated. He's not dead. He can't be. When you find him later, you'll be able to run into his arms again and never let go. Right? This was just a sick and cruel joke to get you to falter.

He promised he'd come back to you and the kids. This wasn't true. None if it was. The same mantra kept repeating inside your head over and over, with a bitter and agonizing feeling overtaking you. You tried to tell yourself that it was just Quaritch using mind games on you, but your heart and mind overpowered that. You felt your entire world crumbling before your eyes just with those simple words.

Quaritch's strategy seemed to have worked because you were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't notice the man standing up and lunging directly at you. He brought you down onto the ground with a thud, nearly knocking the air out of you. You quickly came back to your senses to see Quaritch about to punch you, but you quickly blocked it and kicked him a couple times to get him off of you. One in the stomach and another to his head, effectively making him fall to the side. When you stood up and he stayed in the ground, you tried to go back to your dagger that had fallen somewhere along the way but the man kicked the back of your legs, to which you stumbled forward.