Frozen Love

It had been a year that he was able to hug and or kiss his wife and while he had her, whether she knew who she was or not, he didn't care and he had to lunge; he had missed her.

Letting off the subtlest of moans, she gained a little strength and she placed her hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat as she gave him a gentle nudge. "I'm sorry," she sighed, trying hard to catch her breath as he laid on top of her. "I can't do this, I'm sorry."

"But you want to, right?" he asked softly, swiping her cheek gently.

She shook her head, tears just over the horizon. "I have children and no matter what I do, they're on my mind... I'm re-marrying my husband tomorrow for the sake of my children and for the sake of knowing that I am actually married." Her tears began streaming easily.

Up until meeting the girls and the rest of their family and friends, Stevie was feeling ever so confident walking in Samantha's shoes. Sharon and Lori made her feel like she had people to rely on and she adored them, Christopher seemed friendly enough, but Lindsey had surely given her a complex.

She had gone the first part of the year in which she remembered as a woman trying to recover her relationship with her kids, but after that, she felt the need to recover her marriage and she felt that she did, she knew she loved Brian, but she was ever so confused since meeting the guitarist and she had no idea what she wanted, nor did she want to have to make a choice.

"You should understand, you're married... What about your wife?" she wondered, slipping out from under him in order to wipe her tears.

He sat up, now sitting next to her, more or less facing her. "There is a very big possibility that I have lost my wife forever," he explained.

She turned; her glistening eyes locking with his grief filled ones.

He was aching only because although he was looking at her, looking into the eyes of his wife---she was a different person, she was Samantha.

"My wife told me when we were teenagers, that if something ever were to happen to either one of us, we would move on for the sake of our kids. For a year straight, I was probably the worst father in the world... I barely left my room and I almost drank myself to an early death. My adult children moved back home; two came from college and one came from out of state and she got herself a condo, then of course, my youngest who's sixteen, she has been glued to my side---but the older ones had to drop their lives to dedicate time into helping me raise her, dedicating their time into helping me stay alive. It has taken a village between my wife's assistant, Sharon, Lori and Chris..."

Her tears fell freely, unable to understand why his story was hitting her so hard.

"Their mother went missing in this city... They think I'm here in search of her and just when I looked at you, I thought I found her."

"I don't know what to say, I'm sorry..." she shook her head.

He kind of nodded, knowing she didn't believe it was possible that it was her that he had been searching for. "Can I show you something?" he asked, standing up in order to help her.

She nodded and she took his hand, standing up with ease.

He brought her to the mirror that was in the hotel room, and he placed her right in front of it; hands on her shoulders as his blue eyes pierced into her own through the reflection.

She slowly moved her hand to her mid section, only because the butterflies were wild within her.

He then shifted a tad and he wrapped his arm around her waist, his right hand over hers.

Suddenly, it was like the day before, when she had initially started getting ready to leave for her evening out; the feeling of being engulfed by somebody, his hand over hers looked exactly the way the shadow did and it freaked her out.