Welcome

Sitting down in the living room with Sofia on her lap and Lindsey next to her, Stevie stayed rather quiet as she mostly enjoyed the way the boys and grandparents engaged with one another.

"Everything is gonna be okay, I know this is daunting right now, there's just a lot of confusion..." Maya knelt beside her, rubbing Sofia's leg as a form of comfort.

"I'm not worried about that..." she whispered. "It's just finding the right words, but I know what exactly I'm gonna say, I just... Brian is a good guy, their son is a decent guy if not for being so twisted..."

"Yeah, I understand. My brother has always been a good guy but he's so stupid," she agreed, rolling her eyes. "They're aware. He did dumb shit all through high school..."

"Maybe they'll understand. I'm not gonna go the full route and totally out everything that happened... I'm gonna play along for a little bit... I just don't want their to be any issues between me and their grandparents and provided this one doesn't want to stay, I'm hoping taking her doesn't cause any issues."

"We'll get to that... When are you supposed to leave?"

"Tomorrow night because we have our first show the first of the month, so Lindsey and me were gonna stay in a hotel tonight, but if she doesn't wanna stay here, I'm not gonna force her and I can't drop her in San Jose with the girls because that's another long drive that we don't have time for..."

She nodded, knowing having Sofia and meeting her needs above everything made it all just a little harder. Getting up, she dusted off her knee and she ventured into the kitchen, meeting her parents and nephews.

"This is getting a little annoying... I feel like they're avoiding us..." she whispered to her spouse, bouncing her knee out of nerves.

"Honey, relax," he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, rubbing her arm gently. "They haven't seen their grandkids in however many years and--"

"I know, I know... I'm just getting anxious."

"Don't be anxious..."

Suddenly, Maya led the way into the living room with a few glasses of ice tea and some juice for Sofia while Brandon and Roman sat on the couch next to their grandfather and the woman stayed standing.

"Here, sit down," Lindsey got up, making sure all the women were seated and he sat on the arm, right next to his wife.

"I'm not sure I got your names," Stevie tried to make conversation by easily stating the obvious.

"Oh, I'm Margaret... Maggie for short," the woman assured with a smile, still trying hard to figure out the woman before her.

"And I'm Harold, call me Hal," the man assured, clearing his throat.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," she assured. "We're really happy to have brought the kids to you..."

"All summer they've been planning this trip and it works out well considering we'll be working soon. So, we figured we'd drop them off and say hi before heading back west," Lindsey assured.

"Ah..." the man nodded.

"So, I'm guessing you'd like to be caught up on what's going on..." Maya lingered, crossing one leg over the other.

"Please, enlightened us, dear..." Maggie replied.

"Yeah, okay..." Maya sighed.

"Well, um, to make a long story short, last year, we were in a plane accident on our way home. We crashed on a beach in Nuuk, Greenland. We got separated and I went missing so to speak..." she paused. "Brian, he found me on the beach... Dr. Extraordinare, we all call him... I had amnesia, he also made the mistake and believed I was Samantha... He was trying to get me to remember things such as the kids and one day, I woke up and everything just came back to me. I was missing for a year and I realized I wasn't Samantha... I'm Stevie Nicks... I'm a rock and roll singer with a husband and my own family... I was devastated to leave after knowing Samantha had taken off and I stepped in... I share custody with Brian," she lied.