Chapter three: The journey begins

Y/N wakes up to the feeling of the warm sun shining on her face.

" Miss Stark, it appears the dwarfs have left the area." Y/N shot up.

" You couldn't have told me sooner, Jarvis. How far are they?"

" About six hours ahead."

" Dang it, it's noon already, this whole travel to a new world thing must've made me more tired than i thought."

Grabbing my bag and making sure I have my bow and arrows and a few knives in my pockets, by a few I mean a lot, you don't train with Nat for as long as I have and not learn to hide a lot of weapons. Rushing out the door, Green mist surrounds me as I shift into a horse so I can catch up to the company faster. I take off into the forest hoping I can catch up before they get themselves into trouble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After what felt like forever, Y/N finally caught up to the group, transforming back into her human form before stepping into the clearing on the cliffs and taking a seat by the fire. I sat soaking up the warmth of the dancing flames as I listen to Balin tell the company Thorin's story.

" And the pale orc, what happened to him?"

" He slunk back into the hole whence he came. That filth died of his wounds long ago."

I see Balin and Gandalf exchange a look, all of us knowing that Azog is alive. The next day, before we leave Y/N heads behind a few trees braids her red hair and presses her arc reactor necklace and watches the nano-tech suit spread until it was complete but without the mask. After I was ready I got on the horse Gandalf had brought for me. A few of the dwarves glanced at me funny which makes sense since they've never seen a nano-tech suit before so I just ignore it. After a few hours of travel, it starts to rain. Y/N internally thanks Tony for making the suit water resistant the only problem is that she can't put her mask on to not cause the dwarf's to get suspicious so she has to endure the rain without a hood like the rest of the company.

" Mister Gandalf, can't you do something about this deluge?" one of the dwarfs shouts.

" It is raining Master Dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done. If you wish to change the weather of the world, you should find yourself another wizard."

" Are there any?"

" What?"

" Other wizards."

" There are five of us. The greatest of our order is Saruman, the white. Then there are the two blue wizards, Do you know, I quite forgotten their names."

" And who's the fifth?"

" Well, that would be Radagast, the brown."

" Is he a great wizard, or is he more like you?" Y/N tries to laugh as quietly as possible at Bilbo's comment. ' Damn Bilbo'

" I think he's a very great wizard, in his own way. He's a gentle soul who prefers the company of animals to others. He keeps a watchful eye over the vast forestlands to the east, and a good thing too, for always evil will look to find a foothold in this world."

After a while of riding in silence, we stop at a clearing with a small burnt house. Thorin and Gandalf both go to inspect the burnt remains while the others unpack and and get supplies for a fire.

" We'll camp here for the night. Filli, Killi, look after the ponies, make sure you stay with them. Oin, Gloin, get a fire going." Gandalf runs his hand along one of the burnt boards.