End of a Hero

"This is the end, demon king!"

I stood my ground, brandishing the holy sword granted to me by the goddess who brought me here. "Elisa! How long will the preparation take? I can't hold him down forever!" I yelled over all the clashing around me toward the magician in my party.

~~~flashback~~~

"yo mark, go and get me a cup of coffee, without sugar."

I looked over the office desk, not willing to get off my chair. i don't really want to do it, but if I don't, he will just give me more work. I reluctantly picked up my phone and walked out into the night street.

"Ugh, it's such a pain in the butt to work in the logistic department." I murmured as i walked through the dimly lit street towards the only coffee spot in this street.

"Beep!"

"Huh?" I turned my head to the left and saw 2 bright headlight heading my way. It's too late to move out of the way now, so I guess I'll have to accept my fate then. and the moment after, everything turned black, and I could hear the faint sound of sirens.

~~~End of flashback~~~

i swing the sword downward, clashing with the demon lord's axe and causing sparks to fly all around me. I activated my skill, which imbued my sword with aura. I crouched down to avoid his swing and cut off one of his arms in a flash of golden light.

"Hahahahaha! did you really think that can stop me, the 127th demon lord?" As he says that, his arm quickly grew back.

I guess I will have to destroy him in one attack to defeat him then. "Hey priest! buff me as much as you can!" I only have one attempt to do this, but even if I fail, Elisa still has her ultimate spell.

I had never seen her use it before, but I heard that it targets the highest level in the area, which is really convenient.

Now you may ask, but how is that convenient? And that's is because the level cap for a normal person is 500 and 999 for a hero. However, the demon king will always be 1 level above the hero, which means that he will always be targeted by the attack.

After the priest casted all the buff they could, I used a skill that I had never touched ever since I obtained it. 'Genesis' a skill meant to be used on a single target, which ignores the level of the enemy and their armor, but also your own. That means I will only do as much damage as if I had a normal sword. And that's when the buffs come in.

I changed towards the demon lord, who was fending off attacks from the archers, and turned around to block my attack. However, 'genesis' pierced through the axe and destroyed his core, which is what lets demons regenerate infinitely.

"So I have fallen *cough*. But listen here, hero, as long as this world exists, a new demon lord will rise to power."

And with that, his limp body falls to the ground.

"Elisa! I defeated him already! You can cancel the spell!" I smile at her, waving my hand to show her that I'm done.

However, she didn't say anything, and her face was blank. That confused me. Didn't we already defeat the demon lord? What is there to cause that?

Wait. "Elisa! Don't tell me that you already -" she nodded. "Can't you dispel it? You're the one who casted the spell, so you would be able to do that, right?"

She shook her head, "I made it with the intention that no one can dispel it so that the demon lord won't be able to stop it." She whispered.

Dang it, I would have used a teleport scroll, but I can't use any magic or skills due to Genesis's backlash. It disables all skill and magic on the user for 1 hour after use, so I won't be able to avoid this attack.

"Just go! I'll be fine!" I shouted. If I'm going to die again, I might as well die a hero.

She seemed to understand that and started to cast a mass teleport spell. And in the blink of an eye, everyone disappears, now probably safely in the city.

But there was still one figure in the destroyed theone room."Elisa?" Why was she here? "Get out! I'll manage to survive somehow!"

"Yes, that's why I'm here to make sure you don't." A chill runs down my spine. "Wh-what are you talking about Elisa? There's no time for jokes!"

"It's not a joke. I am here to make sure this is the end of you." Elisa's face was blank, and her voice empty and emotionless. "Why are you doing this? What about all the time we've spent together!"

"All the time we spent together? Hah, what a joke." She laughs, or did she? I honestly don't know at this point. "Sure, for you humans this could be a long time. But for me, it's been nothing but a moment.

"Fine, even if so, what is the reason for this? And why do you need to be here? I'm not going to be able to survive this anyway."  If this is the end, I shall at least get some answers.

She seems surprised, not expecting me to ask that. "Well, I might as well indulge you a bit before your inevitable death."

"I am doing this because you - a traveller - always bring chaos to this world, and I must stop that from happening." That story don't make sense. If she was going to kill me anyway, why not do it at the start?

"Why did you wait until now to do it then? Why didn't you kill me the first time you met me?" She looks like she expected that question.

"Because only Travellers like you are able to defeat the demon lord. And as for why I'm here, it's because I need to spell to actually hit you." Why does she need to be here for it to hit me? Doesn't it target the highest level being?

Wait,"don't tell me you-" she smiles. "Yup, I am a higher level than you, and by a lot actually." She puts her hand up and showed me her status screen.

-----------------
Name: Elisa #&%&^%#
Gender: female

Level: 2,147,483,647        hp: -m123,384,184,423,348,384        mp: inf

Race: half elf, half divine              Occupation: co-owner of eternal scarlet

Titles: deicide, and 1089 more

-----------------

"Why is this world using 32-bit integer?" Yes, I asked that out of everything I could've said before my inevitable demise.