𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

03| Dauntless

03| Dauntless

Lex stood next to Christina and Beatrice, who was now known as Tris, while they waited on further instruction. She had made another friend, Morgan, while she waited for the rest of her group. Morgan was Dauntless-born. She had told Lex she wanted to defect, but when it came down to it, she just couldn't.

"Dauntless-born, go with Lauren, transfers stay with me." The same man who caught Lex, spoke.

Lex waved to her new friend as she watched them walk away.

"Most of the time I work in intelligence, but during training, I'll be your instructor." He said, "My name's Four."

"Four like the number?" Christina questioned with a slight laugh.

"Exactly like the number," Four replied. He said it in almost a proud tone.

"What happened, one through three were taken?" Christina joked.

Lex watched Four's movements. He was intimidating and seemed like a serious man. And it was quite clear he didn't think Christina's joke was funny.

"What's your name?" Four asked.

"Christina," the short haired girl answered.

Four took a step forward, putting himself directly in front of her, Lex, and Tris. Though, Lex was quick to step back, unsure of what he'd do.

"Well, Christina. The first lesson you learn from me if you wanna survive here, is keep your mouth shut. Do you understand me?" Four said.

Four's low voice alone was scary, enough to send shivers down Lex's spine. The way he spoke at Christina rather than to her, made Lex make a mental note to never get on his bad side. Or to speak without being spoken to.

"Yes," Christina said softly.

"Good," Four looked up from the girl and at everyone else.

Seemed like all the other transfers made the same note as Lex by the way they avoided eye contact with he man.

"Follow me," he ordered as he walked away.

Lex walked behind a tall girl as she followed Four through the hallway and a flight of stairs. She wished her brother was there, even though she doubted he'd protect her from anything after he mercilessly pushed her off a building.

The scenery was so much different that Erudite. The lighting was darker, it looked like they relied more on natural lighting and colored lights than the bright ones Lex was used to. It took her eyes a minute to get used it. Building had more rock and stone walls than anything. She never imagined what Dauntless looked like, but if she had, this would be it.

Four stopped at another ledge without railing, allowing them to look over their new home.

"This is the pit. Center of life here at Dauntless," he told the group.