Chapter I

It was a quiet day for the proud country of pride. The wind was calm and the mood of the peoplein the kingdom was cheerful, the birds were chirping happily flying above high in the sky glidingon the winds, and people everywhere in the villages were going about doing their business in thetowns, villages, and kingdoms. Some of the villagers could be seen bartering and haggling withpots and goods on the road with gold and silver. In the playgrounds, the kids jumped and laughedas they were having a good time.

*RUMBLE* *SHAKE*

The ground began to violently shake, and buildings began collapsing all crumbling down as theground continued to shake. The wind swirled violently as it showed signs of turning into atornado, and the birds could no longer be seen in the air. The winds churned violently like astorm and the sound of a thundercrack echoed across the kingdom as a portal appeared above thekingdom ripping through the fabric reality of the sky. As the portal opened up Strange creaturesbegan to appear flying in swarms like a plague of locusts, and the skies gradually darkened as theswarm blotted out the sun. From the castle of the kingdom the queen looked out of the balconyof her quarters, where she saw the ungodly flying abominations emerging from the hell-likeportal. The creatures were ghostly white and hovered above in the skies as they began to rain helldown on the citizens, like a punishment of baptism by holy fire sent from the heavens. To thepeople of this world this event would be known as the second coming of the gods.

"God please have mercy!."

"Lord why??!!"

The People of faith began to pray for mercy as civilians were brutally murdered on the streets bythe seemingly unending hordes of demons as scattered knights could be seen desperately fightingin order to repel the invasion. The portal grew larger and larger as more and more hellishcreatures began to pour into the kingdom. The Queen looked on at the scene of all her subjectsbeing slaughtered before she turned around to exit through the heavy doors of her chambers thathad been left unmanned since she had sent most of the royal guard to help repel the abominationsthat had dared to invade the kingdom. She then proceeded to the armory to retrieve her mightysword, a sword known by the people to be made of a holy material that could slay demons withjust a single touch. It had a gold accent to match the crimson red blade of the sword. At firstglance her sword due to its length could be mistaken as a lance, but it was a special type oflongsword and it also had the added effect of causing internal bleeding to its victims who wouldbe cut by its blade. The queen was aware that using this sword would cause extreme fatigue, butshe didn't care because she needed to kill the damn demons who had decided to invade herhomeland. Gripping the sword and taking it into her hands she marched out of the armory as loudbooms and screams exploded and echoed from within the palace walls. She went to the entranceof the palace to meet the knights who had remained in the royal palace stationed at the entrancehall.

"Soldiers!, my soldiers! The kingdom is currently in disarray and is on the verge of collapseunless we intervene. Slay any demons you come across on the street! Cover thy blades with holyland salt and stab them where it hurts! They have already caused us a lot of problems, so givethem hell to remember! Humans are not helpless! We are stronger than them, and if we put ourdetermination in the right place, we can murder them all!!" She declared screaming at the top ofher lungs.

Yes, your Majesty!" Her soldiers cheered as they began to wipe their weapons with land salt andmarched out of the entrance hall and charged onto the streets to assist their comrades. The queenknew they would die, but she knew it was just another casualty in the rising cost of war in thekingdom's efforts to survive

Outside there was nothing but fire that engulfed the lands burning many houses and villages andthe people were screaming in terror as the abominable creatures slaughtered them. The scatteredguards that remained were few in number soon becoming too powerless against the horde ofcreatures, The few that remained fought hard with might resolve, but they were soonoverwhelmed by the incoming masses of demonic creatures who only knew bloodshed. TheQueen couldn't help her subjects because she, too, was dealing with the threat that had enteredher palace. It was the invasion of the underworld's inhabitants, the people of hatred. Thesepeople of the underworld had only known blood, murder, and conquest. The Emperor of theabominations themselves often referred to himself as the god of war, but many would disagree.To all of the people he is known as the devil's man, and he was believed to represent Satanhimself. Acheron Ares is the name of this man. The queen slashed and killed foe after foe as shefought off horde after horde of the demonic creatures, determined to keep her people safe; shedid not want her efforts to be in vain. She was a strong woman with high expectations to live upto in comparison to the kings of other kingdoms but she didn't look at these kings with muchrespect as she despised them, but she wanted to show them that she was a capable leader. Bynow there was much death and blood on the walls of the palace's entrance hall. As she swungher sword at the final creature that came her way killing it with a single stroke of the sword as itgroaned in pain and died. Seeing as there were no more of the creatures that had arrived to takeher she used her mighty sword as a stick to lean on exhausted. Her once-beautiful white andblack gradient dress now tattered and bloodied, with her hair now messy in a tangle of strands..Carla, the queen, panted as she looked down at the pool of blood on the floor of the entrance hall.In it she saw her own reflection and almost felt sorry for herself but she gripped her sword hardas she refused to accept this feeling of doubt. Right now she was a Queen and as a Queen Sheneeded to fight, for her kingdom's sake.

*Clap*

*Clap*

*Clap*

She heard several footsteps treading through the now bloody entrance hall, as well as the soundof slow clapping. She looked up to see the disgusting sight of the twisted king himself,surrounded and followed by his army of Demons who followed from behind him

"Isn't this the great and proud Queen of Valovance? What happened to your vast kingdom?" Hespoke with a voice that radiated power and evil that was deep yet had a handsome ring to it in acocky demeanor

Carla only sighed in response and assumed her fighting stance

"Don't you dare to mock the kingdom I've built; it may be in ruins as a result of your unnecessarybloodshed, but I will rebuild this kingdom to be powerful once again after I've dealt with you."She spoke elegantly while pointing her sword at him. 

The monster only sneered in contempt as he growled at her, and some of the Demons who heardher were already plotting to rip her apart. The man simply laughed.

"Some humans are naive enough to believe they can defeat me." Acheron snapped his fingers,and at his command the swarm of demons charged at her, with a newly acquired persistence torip her apart and prove themselves in front of their emperor.

She effortlessly fought off the demons, halting their attacks, avoiding, and cutting them up in away that was greatly elegant despite the ferocity of the attacks thrown at her by the demons.

The terrible Emperor upon watching her dispatch his demons with ease elegantly was impressedby her performance, almost as if he might actually spare a human this time. But the EmperorAcheron only smirked as he snapped once and dispatched two of his best soldiers to pursue her.

*Swish*

Carla's eyes widened as she ducked and narrowly avoided one of their blades; there were two ofthem and despite her efforts to avoid damage she could only escape the charge of the twodemons with a graze on the leg. But seeing the actions of the emperor she laughed.

"A Leader who sends his soldiers to fight for him rather than fighting himself is a coward, andthat is what you are, old man!" She mocked him as she slaughtered his best soldiers.

Acheron's eyes twitched angrily at the insult before he calmed down and smirked"I'll give you that for a woman, you're quite brave yet foolish with your taunts." He stated boldlyas he pulled out his sword

"And you're just a rock in the way on the road to the expansion of the empire that must beremoved so just give up." he declared coldly.

"You're a fool to announce your plans like that as a man. And you'd think after all you did, I'dgive up fighting you? In a matter of days, you and your soldiers slaughtered thousands of mysubjects! and I will go to any length to see your impending doom!" Carla roared angrily as shecharged at Acheron in a single leap.

*Clang*

In the moment she reached him her sword sparked as it started to glow red with trails of electricpurple lightning as she swung the sword much to the surprise of the emperor who had neverexpected her to charge this recklessly and knocking the sword out of his hands, sending it flyingacross the hall

"Wha?-.".

Before the Emperor could respond, he was on the ground, his sword on the other side of theroom, and now he looked up to see an electric brightly red glowing sword pointed directly at hischest. He couldn't believe it; he'd been defeated by a simple human. A fucking female humanwith fucking magical abilities. Unbelievable. Carla wiped her sword.

"I'll give you another chance. If you don't want your head on a stake, leave and don't return."Carla threatened and warned as she fixed her gaze on the man beneath him. He looked at her andthe sword with a blank look before he shrugged his shoulders.

"...Understood.. You have my appreciation of your strength.... "He murmured as he slowly roseto leave the portal. The rest of the demons who were above ground suddenly and mysteriouslyvanished. Carla looked on as the defeated emperor of the demons slowly walked away beforeconjuring a portal and disappeared as he walked through it. She then made her way to her thronewhere she sat down, and exhaled deeply. She was tired, even exhausted, and she knew the roadto recovery would be long and exhausting. 

------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hello Fellas  it is I Derp! Chapter 2 won't be coming out any time soon as I am still in college, but if you have any feedback that you would like to share please do :D

Word:1894