Chapter II

Unfortunately, the violence inflicted the most devastation to the library. There were numerousimportant books damaged by fire marks that had eaten away at the pages and water marks. Onthe other side, all the writings that the queen had ordered to be made, mysteriously disappeared.Carla was outraged that someone, an enemy, had undermined decades of research conducted byher staff but seeing as there was nothing she could do The queen sighed, underestimating howworn out she was . She had given her kingdom all of her valiant effort to keep it safe but onequestion remained in her head and that was. 

" Who was he? "

       The man had first and foremost been very eager to take what was rightfully hers and murder herbut he had been perplexed to have seen her in her current state at the time. This made herquestion his actions and intentions. 

" What had made him surprised to see me?" 

"Did I do something to him that had caused him to act this way, killing my subject's andinvading my kingdom? " 

         For the first time in a long while the queen had become befuddled due to the overwhelmingemotions that had started to rise within her. Confused, the queen sighed as she walked up to herchambers to rest for the day. It would probably be best to rest up now for tomorrow and thinkabout it later because anything could happen at this point. 

< First Person Pov> 

         After a long flight of stairs, I entered my chambers weary and tired. I had locked the door on theway in because I hate being disturbed in my sleep. I then went into my personal bathroom,undressed, then turned on the water in my bath letting fill up as I cleared my head with peacefulthoughts, saving the thoughts of trouble for tomorrow , and sank myself blissfully into thebathtub once it was full. It was peaceful as I breathed a sigh of relief feeling the water soothe mytired body; it had been 8 months since I had taken a proper bath. At the same time I was alsoconsidering writing a couple of 'How to' basic editions to add to the library once it was repaired.I don't want my people's lack of intelligence and common sense to be passed down to the nextgeneration of children. Which is why I am so disappointed in the other kingdoms in this country;it perplexes me how royal families would refuse knowledge to their middle-class and lower-classcitizens. However, even though they have books for the upper classes, there is still limitedinformation for them to process for the next generation of their children. Most importantly, theyall lack common sense. For example, if a woman acts smarter than a man or does something outof the ordinary, she is punished by hanging or torture. I rubbed my brow as i tried to unwindmyself into the bath. 

.
.

.

.

          Down in the Underworld, the citizens of the Underworld empire cheered and screamedcelebrating their successful raid. For several months, the underworld had been celebrating theirvictory, and some had continued to get wasted. Some could even be seen bragging about stealingfrom the kingdom above holding trinkets and small tokens they had raided from above.. Theempire was loud, drunk, and happy for the first time in a long time. But in the throne room of theRoyal palace, the emperor, on the other hand, was quiet, sitting in his room, thinking about whathappened during that fight he had with the female human months ago. How could he have beenso easily defeated by a mere human? He is a god who was beaten by a mere human. He is theundeniable god of corruption, the god of greed and war! But how can he have been nearly slainat the hands of a woman, only to be spared by her, like some kind of peasant who had beenmercifully allowed to live in this cruel world? That was until he shook his head as he thenthought of other things that could have allowed her to defeat him. But what if she was thereincarnation of a fallen god? A god who had been cursed to live as a human female. That makessense, but he should find results soon