Chapter 8.

A week has passed..

I remember the day she brought me to my car very clear. I love the vibe we had. I want that again, I miss her. I hate that I miss her.

Today I will see her again. We will talk again. I put on my clothes. A black straight jeans with an green sweater. My white nikes are old and dirty.

I'm drinking my coffee while driving. The summer breeze is playing with my short hair. Last night I cut my hair. I thought it looked nice. I'm good with sciccors.

I'm speeding. I want to see her. When I arrive I see her car. Thank god.

I grab my tote bag and walk inside. The sun shines through the windows. My shadow walks behind me on the lockers.

I stand in front of the door. My hand in the knob. I hear muffled voices.

'Just sign the damn papers, Andrew!' Her voice. 'I'm not signing it.' It's a voice of a older man. Which papers?

'Fine, take it or leave it. But if you leave it, we go to court. And if we go to court, it'll get ugly.' I hear her sniff 'And we're not ugly people, Andrew.'

That is when she opens the door. Tears in her eyes. She didn't pay any attention to me. Ouch. She walks past me. Eyes fixated on the floor.

I'm transfixed to the floor. Then I see him. A man with grey hair. He is rather short. Shorter than her.

I turn around and walk away. Where did she go?

I open the bathroom door. I hear someone softly crying. 'Professor, is that you?' I softly say to the bathroom stall. 'It's Callie.' My hand is on the door.

The sobbing stops. The stall opens and there she is. Even when she cries she is beautiful. 'Hi,' I sigh 'are you okay?'

'Yes.' She wipes her tears away. Her voice is firm. I block her way to look in her eyes. She avoids my eyes.

'I-'. The words are stuck in my throat. Instead of talking I grab her tight. I hug her. Arms wrapped around her waist. I feel her sobbing again, her arms are planted around my neck. I stroke her hair. 'Shh.. it's okay.' I whisper. 'I'm right here.' Comforting her.

After a while she pushes away. She walks to the sink to wash her face.

'You didn't have to do that.' Her voice sounds raw from crying. 'It was my turn to help you.' I sigh 'So, yes, I had to.'

'Thank you.' Her voice is grateful.

I walk up to her. 'Come on, let's go.'

She looks confused. 'Where to?'

'Just somewhere,' I say 'I'll drive.' I look at her hopeful.

'But I have classes to teach.' She protests.

'You can't teach while looking like that.' I point at her reflection in the mirror. 'Okay, I will call in sick.' She grabs her phone.

I grin. She is so cute. I look at her when she calls in.

'All done.' She says when she hangs up. 'Let's go!'

—————-
Hi guys! I know this chapter is short, but I hope you liked it! Thanks for reading❤️