Chapter 10.

I stare in her eyes. Her eyes are the one you lose yourself in. The eyes are the portal to someones soul. Her eyes tell me that her soul is pure.

'Are you okay?' She asks. My eyes fixate on hers. 'Now I am.' I say.

'Are you okay?' I ask her. 'Never been better.' Her voice is raspy. She is still holding my hands.

I pull out one hand and splash water on her face.
'Callie!' She is shouting. She laughs. A pure laugh. Just as her eyes. Just as her soul.

She takes both of her hands to push me onder water. I cough when I come at the surface. Then I laugh. A laugh I haven't had in a while.

'You are evil!' I shout laughing. 'You started it, dear!' She shouts back.

We ended up in a fight of water and laughs. We play with each other for a while. But then we got tired.

'Now I am cold.' I state. 'Let's get you out then.' She takes my hand and leads me out of the water. We walk hand in hand to our clothes. I grab my clothes and run to my car. She follows me. Also running.

I put on the heather when we sit inside my car. Still just wearing underwear. We look at each other and we burst out laughing. Nobody said anything funny but we just laughed.

'My stomach hurts!' I giggle. 'Mine-' She can't even speak, 'to!'

When we both calmed down I search for my cigarettes. 'You want a cigarette?' I ask her with my package in my hand. 'Yes, please.' Her voice is raw from laughing. This morning I hugged her while she was crying and now I'm the one who made her laugh. Oh, to be this lucky.

We both light our cigarette and sit in silence. I open my windows. There we are. Smoking. Still half naked.

When I am a little dried up I put on my clothes. She does the same. She leaves her button up half open. God, she looks so good.

'What now?' She breaks the silence. 'I don't know.' I truly answer her. 'Where fate brings us.' She states.

I start my car. I drive. I wait where fate brings us.

After an hour of driving in silence I look beside me. She is asleep. Her chest falling up and down. A peaceful rhythm. The wind is playing with her hair. The sun makes her hair look gold.

I stop at the nearest motel. 'Where are we?' Her voice sounds sleepy. 'A motel.' I answer her. 'I should get you in an proper bed.'

I look at the time. 1pm. Time really flies when you have fun.

We walk inside the motel. 'Hi, how can I help you?' A old lady asks us. 'What rooms do you have available?' She quickly asks before I could.

'Our standard rooms come equipped with stereophonic console radios, or we do have the Presidential Suite available for a very attractive rate.' The old lady tells us.

'Two standard rooms should be fine.' Cate says. Her hand is already in her purse. 'Why not take the Presidential Suite?' I interrupt the two ladies.

Cate turns around and looks at me. Her eyes are playful. 'I mean, if the rate's attractive.' I quickly say.

'Well, the Presidential Suite it is then.' Cate tells the lady. 'Good.' The lady says when she gives Cate the key. 'Enjoy your stay!'

'We will.' Cate's voice is deep. A shiver runs down my spine and a twinkling sensation sets in my core.

Did I just do that? Really?

We walk in silence to our room. When we get in a smell of flowers and cookies runs it's way to my nose. The windows are open and the summer breeze is inside the room.

We didn't bring anything. No clothes. No shampoo. No food. But we brought one another.

'But first, I'm going to take a shower.' Cate is already on her way to the bathroom. 'There is no lock!' She shouts from the inside. What a shame..

'Care to join me?' She opens the door and looks at me. 'I uh-' I stumble over my words.

'It's a joke, dear.' She laughs. 'Don't open the door. Unless you want another nightmare.' She tells me. And before I can react she is already back inside. God, that won't be a nightmare. More like a dream come true.

————————-
Hi guys! I really hope you liked this chapter. I'm very critical, so I don't like it very much. But maybe it's alright.😘

Take care❤️