7: Bonding

"... CEO of Twitter has said that he has full confidence in the company and it's employees, and does not plan on making changes any time soon. It is currently a beautiful Saturday, June 10th here in London and it is 9:15 AM. We have an update on what we are deeming 'The Great UK Heist'. Forgive the name, we just don't have anything better to call it currently. David Shepherd, a former general of the United States Army, has claimed that the three arrested are part of his mercenary group, Shadow Company, and he will be asking for their release soon. He claims what they did was legal, and that they are illegally being held. The United Nations will deliberate on whether or not to release the three come this week."

Location: Hereford Air Base (Herefordshire, United Kingdom)
POV: Ian "Bluejay" Zlydaszyk

I was jogging around the indoor track in the gym, just enjoying some music. I had some cheap earbuds in, but they did the job. You really thought I was the asshole who blasted music to everyone, huh? Well, I'm not... thankfully. I had been jogging for about 10 minutes when I felt my phone buzz. I stepped off to the side and checked it, it was a message from Lion.

You still holding that party tonight?

I smiled a bit, knowing that he remembered. I had only invited a few people, those who I were close with. Lion, Dokkaebi, Thunderbird, Hibana, Mozzie, Maverick, and Castle. I hope tonight didn't completely suck. I quickly texted back after a moment of thinking.

Yeah. Will I see you there tonight?

I put my phone away and stretched my arms a small amount before someone tapped me from behind. I jumped a little bit and turned to see Thunderbird and Hibana, both of them giggling. 

Thunderbird: "Scared you!"

She said it in a childish manner, causing me to chuckle as I took out one of my earbuds.

"Yes yes... what's up you two?"

Hibana: "We just wanted to see if you needed us to bring anything to the party tonight."

Thunderbird: "We're wiling to bring anything."

"Ehm... I'm ordering food for us later so maybe just drinks?"

They both nodded and Hibana left, but Thunderbird stayed. I had pulled out my phone to respond to Lion, who said that both him and Dokkaebi would be there. I glanced up at her, confused.

"You need something?"

Thunderbird: "Huh? No."

She looked around, looking for Hibana. She had definitely zoned out when Hibana left.

Thunderbird: "She left?"

"Yeah. A bit ago."

Thunderbird: "Oh..."

She looked at her feet, as if disappointed. I sighed and put my phone away.

"... come on. We'll go find her." 

Her face lit up, smiling. I began to leave the gym, her quickly following. I dug in my pocket and pulled out a piece of gum and put it in my mouth, beginning to chew it. 

Thunderbird: "Hey do you have an extra piece?

"Yeah, here."

I took out another piece of gum and handed it to her. She quickly put it in her mouth and smiled. Hibana was in the mess hall, and I saw her as soon as we walked in. Thunderbird quickly ran over to her, and Hibana nodded at me as if to thank me. I nodded back and left the room, I needed to continue my cardio. I had been slacking on it, I was turning into Monty with how little I could run.