Untitled wip (tlou inspired)

We've been doing dystopian pieces at college for the past few weeks. Here's what I've written so far in lesson... It's first-person only (sadly) cause that was a requirement and it's TLOU inspired cause I have writing on mondays and i was excited for the next ep of the show :)

 It's first-person only (sadly) cause that was a requirement and it's TLOU inspired cause I have writing on mondays and i was excited for the next ep of the show :)

My blue eyes ache under my lids. Lashes soaked in a layer of sweat and tears from the dreams of the night before. Hesitantly, I raise my head before opening them; a bright, blinding, natural light welcomes me. "This again" I think. Swivelling my legs around and off the bed, placing myself on my chair, I take a deep breath and...

Release.

The day has moved along again, a repeating moment terrorizing me as I survive in a world that I'm trapped in for what feels like eternity. The room I'm in is dark, the only source of light being stacks of monitors across a wall- a blue sheen bouncing off the covered windows. Weapons are strapped across the whole of my body; light blisters littered around my ankles, thighs, arms and front from the thick, tightly woven leather straps that keep them on my persons. My eyes are trained on the monitors that show the world outside, keeping true to the duty of keeping the base safe. A chittering sound makes me whip my head to a speaker on my right, meaning something is out there.

I reach for the gun laying upon the blue-lit table, teeth crunching underneath the stress and possibility of danger. My beating, red heart tripled in speed- running faster than the motors of my wheelchair if it were powered with more than a single solar panel. I took a step back in my conscience, "check the cameras", my own voice echoed in a plea. I agreed and flipped my gaze across all of the monitors; thankfully, I could see the cause of the disruption.

Of course, it had to be a clicker.

I guess that's what happens when you decide to base under the nose of Fedra, in the outskirts of the city. They don't care about taking the infected out once they're far enough away. The speed of my heart increases back to a violent patter. Again, I hear myself speak "this thing will take them off guard, I know it. Take it out before they come back- keep the base safe". A deep breath later, I'm along the hallway, holes littered along the street side large enough for a gun to slide out and my eyes to train onto the infected one; fungi eating away at the body with a green and yellow haze.

Its turns to face me- it heard as I placed the silenced muzzle of the gun upon the hole in the wall. Hands crack in strange positions under my watch-full eye, the voice box of the infected distressed and displaying a clicking to my ears. I take a deep breath, which makes the clicker step even closer, and prepare to shoot.

"Bang!"

I freeze. My finger hadn't even made it to the trigger... I quickly pull my gun back- making sure that whoever killed that clicker couldn't see it and find my location. I lower my breath whilst hesitantly placing me eye on one of the holes. Multiple soldiers walk down the street, Fedra. I clench my jaw and watch as one with a gun in their grasp gets closer to the clicker- they thoroughly look for what or whom it may have been going after. A single eye answers their question.

"We've got a survivor!" I curse and quickly make further into the house, hearing as they come to the wall with their loaded guns. Seems like they were expanding the QZ again and pre-clearing the area out. I knew that the label of survivor in their terms was very different from any other sane human being's one. They'd see my chair and see me as unable to contribute and they'd kill me; I just had to kill them first.

I hear the wall come crashing down, they couldn't be bothered to look for a door- even though I knew they wouldn't have found one anyway. I assumed they saw the observation room with a stack of guns in the corner when one yelled, "May be armed and dangerous, be careful".

I snickered and raised my silenced gun, from the crack of the door in my room I could see a single "soldier" pacing. Must've been their first rodeo, they didn't know to always go around in a pair, in the case of being the hated Fedra...

to be continued...