Nothing

Kylee rushed to her apartment door expecting to come home to missed calls and texts from her lover Yohan. She had happy New Year's texts from close friends, and family members, and notifications from social media platforms but not one text or missed call from Yohon.  Kylee called various times and not once has he answered the phone. Kylee drove to his house and knocked on his door. She didn't get an answer. She didn't see his car in his parking lot, she didn't hear him. Kylee waited outside his door for hours He wasn't there. Kylee decided if she went home and go to bed he'd hit her up the next day and this was all a misunderstanding. Kylee woke up rushing to her phone still in yesterday's clothing and makeup smeared all over her face. Kylee still came across empty texts or phone calls from Yohan but she didn't bother to go by his house.  Hurt and confusion fled through her heart as she grew more upset as the days went by. On the fifth day of the week, it was time for  Kylee to go back to work. Kylee decided to take her braids out of her hair. Kylee had a giant soft curly afro and put in a ponytail. She took out her contact lenses and put on the glasses She had on a bare face no makeup, and her face was motionless as she went to work but she still faked a smile to her coworkers at the diner. Where mainly the construction workers would come in on their lunch break since it was close by. "Kylee, are you okay? Asked Kylee's coworker Nadine. Kylee tried to put on a smile. "Don't lie. Nadine said. She told Nadine what happened. "Oh, honey these guys come and go but don't let that be the reason to put out your light. "You are a pretty girl inside and out. Kylee felt a little better but she still felt sour and bitter when it came to men after getting her heart broken. Kylee Adams decided to never fall for a man again.