Story-Time: Chapter Four

Here's a short thing for you all to take note of before reading this and future chapters: the reactions and events in the 'story time' are based on the individual character's reactions to the chapter currently being read. With that being said, if a chapter focuses more on a certain character(s), it's to be expected they'll have some more reactions. I intend for every character to have at least some reactions, but if a character is given more spotlight in a chapter just expect their story time to have more focus. That's all.

~ ~ ~

It has now become a tradition to read a chapter of your notebook whenever possible. Scarlet was warming up a bit to the story, but still had a bit of work to do. Mathew, however, loved the story and especially the moments where (Brother) would show up.

Another evening had arrived, and it was time to enjoy reading another chapter of your story to your kids...

Cameron

Ow, my neck. It feels so stiff. Wait, why is it...? As I sat up, I realized that I was sitting at my table. Did I fall asleep while filling out the papers?

I decided to look at my phone, to see what time it was. It was six-thirty-am. I remember that on the way back from shopping with Emily that school starts at eight-forty-five-am. And, to get there on time, we leave at seven-fifty-am, so we can get everything settled on our first day at school. Once we're settled, we'll start heading out at eight-fifteen am. So, I have over an hour to get ready. Might as well try to make a good impression.

First, I had to get showered. But, since I had a lot to do, I had to make my shower quick.

After my shower, I blow-dried my hair. I then took out my first uniform, and looked at it. It was a navy blue sleeveless top, with a gray button up jacket. I buttoned it up two-thirds of the way. The outfit also included a navy-blue skirt, that's way too short. Grey knee-high socks went on my legs. And, navy-blue flats went on my feet.

Now that I'm dressed, I need to put on some make-up, because, why not? And, then, I need to do my nails, brush my teeth, curl my hair, and accessorize with some jewelry.

So, I started with some light amount of make-up. I put on some foundation, and eyeliner. That's it. Next, I put on some navy-blue nail polish. It was a real pain to wait for the paint to dry...

Okay, it's time for the hard part. Curling my hair. I decided to just do some simple curls. Nothing too fancy, because, I'm sure I'd fail, miserably.

My hair looks amazing! And, now, I just need some jewelry. I searched through my jewelry box, and looked for the perfect thing to wear, on my first day. And, soon, I found it. Matching silver pearl earrings, bracelet, and necklace.

When I looked in the mirror, I was shocked, at my reflection. I looked so beautiful. At least I know I'll make a good impression.

"Wow Mom, I didn't realize you were such a girly-girl when you were younger."

I chuckled softly, glad to see Scarlet seeming to finally find an interest in the story, even if it's because of my past self's girly-nature.

"I guess you could say that. The uniform didn't really help in that regard though..."

I then grabbed my bag, and put everything that I needed in the bag. It was so heavy! After grabbing my phone, and earbuds, I put them in my bag. Then, I exited my bedroom.

"Wow, what a wimp. Backpack's aren't that heavy."

Cameron gave Scarlet a 'shut-up' glare, which promptly shut her up. I appreciate him standing up for me, but maybe politely explaining why that's rude.... Ah, who am I kidding? Cameron has never been the type to talk things out.