001

🤍

🤍

Moon Harmon remembers the day her family decided to move to California for a new beginning.
Her mother, Vivien, was pregnant with a seven-month-old boy, but had a miscarriage.

Moon was upset because she's always wanted a little brother.
The situation at home got worse and became more tense when their father, Ben, cheated on Vivien with one of his student psychiatrists.

When his mother told her two children what Ben had done, Moon was angry at her father.
Both twins suffered in their own ways, violet had began to self-harm again, and moon began to fail school.

Moon was resting her head on the window, as she looked at the cars on the highway. All she did was put her headphones in her ears and put music at full volume and slowly fell asleep.
Music helped her sleep, it was no secret at that.
When she woke up, Ben was driving through Los Angeles, California, getting to the new house.

It was quite until Vivien spoke "The light is different here. It's softer."
"It's called smog," Violet replied sarcastically, which made Moon laugh.

"You should be excited, Vi," Ben told her. "You can stop straining cigarettes and start taking a deep breath."
"Yes, I saw," Moon said sarcastically. "It smells like misty air."

"That includes you, Moon," Ben added. "You're no better than your sister."

"Yes, Moon," Violet sneered in a playful tone. "You're no better than me." She giggled, Moon shook her head, a little smile appearing on her face.
"Mom said i was," moon replied, petting their dog, Hallie, who was in the middle of the twins.

Vivien laughed. "I didn't say that. I love you both equally."
Moon and Violet hummed in disbelief.
"I have to go to the bathroom," Violet said, taking off her sunglasses.

"We're almost there," Ben told him.
"I have to go," she said again in a strong tone.
"I saw, it's a highway," Ben said. "Seriously, where do you want me to stop? Maybe the Honda next door has a bathroom or something like that."

"I bet if the baby's substitute had to shit," Violet nodded to Hallie. "You would find it somewhere."
"Don't bring her to this," Moon said, defending the dog.

"Really? Violet, I hate that word, unless I'm saying it," Vivien told her daughter, looking back at her, taking off her own sunglasses.

"That's not fair, mom," Moon said.
"It's totally fair, because I am the mother and you two are the children," Vivien said.
Violet rolled her eyes and Moon shook her head.
Ben the spoke up and said, "I'm so glad we called you Violet, instead of our second option."
"What was it?" Violet asked.
"Sunshine," Vivien replied.