Days Of Joy

Since that day waking up for school has never been so enjoyable. Eri and I had spent days since we met talking on the phone and hanging out together. We had been together for only 4 days and it felt like I had known her for years. 

Today I was going to visit her dorm for the first time. The interesting thing was she did not have a roommate and neither did I. 

After knocking on the door twice Eri answered, and she was dressed in casual clothes. She had on a black crop top t-shirt along with black shorts with her black hair up in a ponytail. 

"How long are you gonna stare at me for?" 

"Oh sorry! you look really cute in your casual clothes Eri." 

Eri visually flinched when I said that and turned around so I couldn't see her face. 

"...Just come in..."

I walked through the door and took my shoes off and set them near the door. 

"Sorry for the intrusion." 

"So Fana, I wanted you to show me the new Formula you had been working on for Fire Elemental Ethera."

"Does she really only want me to show her a new spell? That's so boring" 

While blocking my thoughts from Telepathy. I didn't just come here to show her a new spell I wanted to spend time with her and hang out as friends. 

"Eri I can show you that later."

"Eh? What other reason did you want to come here for then." 

"Well, we can watch this movie together!"

I pulled out a DVD case for the movie "IT" out of my purse and handed it to her. Eri's facial expressions changed very quickly and she went from looking curious to scared. 

"Wait, isn't this a horror film?" 

"Yes"

"You want us to watch this?"

"Yup! It will be fun!"

Eri visually paused and began looking down at the ground while fidgeting her index fingers.  I could tell she definitely didn't want to watch the movie. "Alright..." 

Just for fun, I wanted to pressure her a bit so I leaned in and asked her. "Is there something wrong?"

"No! Not at all!" Eri's face was bright red and she turned her head from me to avoid eye contact.

"Ok! Let's watch it then!"

I could tell from Eri's response that she was not that enthusiastic to watch it so I just followed her to the Living room.

"Ohh you have such nice furniture in here Eri." 

"Yeah, it was personally provided to me by Grandmaster Nina." 

"Well, whoever your roommate ends up being will be super lucky!"

"You could say the same for yourself Fana." 

"Eh? Don't flatter me like that Eri." 

While I and Eri sat down on her sofa bantering I was reminded of how beautiful she looked when she smiled. You would typically never get to see it with how serious she is most of the time, but sharing this moment with her made me feel special like I was one of the only people to know this side of her. 

"Alright, Eri are you ready?" 

"Sure" 

"Alright let's start it"