Prologue

Sketch by: Shawn EllianIG: shawnellian

IG: shawnellian

As Daniel and I walked down the stairs, I inhaled a familiar scent of perfume. The perfume is a mixture of sandalwood and mint—the scent of someone's perfume that I always miss.

Sure enough, from behind the bend in the stairs, a handsome man, wearing a black shirt, dark gray loose jeans, and white sneakers, walked up the stairs.

My heart throbbed when I saw him—a thump that has never changed since the first time I fell in love with him. My eyes suddenly became blurry because of the tears welling up in my eyes. I quickly rubbed my eyes and walked aside, letting the man pass.

A woman's voice suddenly sounded from the library. "Baby! Is this the book you are looking for?" asked the girl.

The man who made my heart throb walked up the stairs towards the girl.

"Don't shout, baby; this is a library," he said while stroking the beautiful and cute girl's head.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," whispered the girl. "By the way, we're going to the art gallery now?" asked the girl, tilting her head to look at his lover's face.

The man nodded. "Yes, baby. After I find the book I need," he said, answering his lover's question. The man took his girlfriend's hand and walked into the library.

I really was invisible in the eyes of that man, he acted as if he didn't know me. My heart hurts so much, and my breath feels short.

We were so close before. But now, we are like strangers. There is a big and high wall between us, so we can't talk to each other, even if it's just saying hi to each other.

***

I love reading your comments, criticism, and thoughts about my story. So, don't forget to leave comments on my stories.

Thank You!
Happy Reading!

Please let us know if you find any sentence errors, we'll correct them soon

(⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)