Chapter 1

But before we start, here's the cover of the book!

And here we go!!🌈

Author's POV

“ I can't do this anymore, Syd.” Jungkook walked inside Sydney's room, who flinched, having not expected the sudden intrusion.

“ Wha- what's wrong, honey?” The girl kept her book face down on the bed, and stood up, walking up to her husband, and standing in front of him.

Jungkook sighed, massaging his temple, “  I..I can't do this anymore. ”  He repeated, watching his wife cross her hands to her chest.

“ What can't you do anymore, Koo-”

“ This..This marriage. I can't do this anymore. I want a divorce.”  The taller said, and the woman sighed, closing her eyes, before opening them again, and then she nodded.

Almost as if, she had seen this coming sooner or later.

It was quite obvious, if she had to look back. They had stopped sharing a room, there was rarely any conversation in between them, let alone any touching.

Of course, she had seen it coming. The only times they'd actually talk was when they'd wish each other good morning or good night during breakfast or dinner.

And smiles? They were rarely there.

“ O..ok.” She said, and Jungkook looked at her, “ Ok? You mean, you are okay with it? I th-”

“ You thought what? You thought I'll cling to you, and scream and cry and beg for you to take me back? I'm not that kind of person, Jungk-”

“ Hey, hey, hey, no.”  The taller hurriedly interrupted the other, who stopped speaking, waiting for him to continue.

“  I did not mean it like that. Of course, I know you are a wonderful person, and-”

“ I've something called self respect, and.. look, Jungkook,” Sydney took a deep breathe, and looked at her soon to be ex husband.

“ You don't want this marriage anymore, it's alright with me. A relationship depends on both people. A single hand cannot clap alone, alright? So, fine. Let's.. let's end this.”

She completed, and deep down somewhere, somehow, she felt relieved that she emptied her heart out.

Yes, Jungkook might've initiated it, but, that lead to her ending up confessing what she had felt all these while.

And she felt relieved, and happy.

Jungkook smiled wide, before stepping forward, and bringing Sydney in for a hug.

“ Thank you.. thank you so much.”  He said, and Sydney hugged him back, “ You're welcome, Kook.. always.”  She said.

She felt nice. Real nice. Hugging Jungkook felt like those times in high school when they were really good friends, and would hang out together every now and then.

They didn't really realise when that friendship escalated into something more, and they ended up getting married.

But now that she thinks of ist-

“  You know, we were really better off as friends.” Jungkook spoke out what she was thinking, even before she think about it, and she laughed out loud, pulling away from the hug.

“ And that is exactly what I was thinking.”  She replied, and Jungkook nodded, smiling at her softly.

“ We're still going to be friends, after this right?” He asked, and Sydney laughed, patting Jungkook's head.

“ Are you forgetting that you are a year younger than me?”  Sydney squinted her eyes at him playfully, who shook his head, and pulled out a fist, holding it in front of the other.

“  Of course not, noona!!” He laughed, and Sydney joined him soon, before fist bumping him.

They kept on laughing and giggling together, until they had tears of laughter in their eyes.

It felt nice.

Good.