Ch 4: Convoy Part 1

Date: November, 2023

Still en route to Koan Forest Settlement

Maverick's Pov

We were back on our way to Koan Forrest Settlement, though I can tell by the quietness in all victors that everyone is still shocked about what I told them. Then I look ahead to see smoke on the horizon. Lots of smoke. That can never be good.

I see that Itami also took notice of this and gave me a look. I nodded at him as he grabbed his radio.

Itami: All victors, we got smoke in twelve. Be prepared for anything.

Everyone:*on radio and in the vehicle* Yes, sir!

Timeskip

Night time outside the Koan Forest

We're overlooking the forest as it's currently ablaze both the SgtMaj. and the MSgt. are looking through their binos to see if they can spot anything of significance.

Kurata: It's on fire.

Menendez: No shit, perra. Did you think it's a massive bonfire?

Kurata regrets what he said as I see Shino and Backer chuckle a bit. But when they both catch me giving them a look, they lock it up.

Shino & Backer: We apologize, sir.

Jones: Still, I haven't seen a fire like this since the El Dorado Fire on September 5, 2020.

Tou: Don't remind me. My family lost a vacation home in that horrid year.

Kurokawa: But could have caused such a blaze?

Pops:*shocked* Holy shit....

Me: What?

Kuwabara: You gotta see this one for yourselves sirs.

Itami and I look through our binos and spot a large flying fucking red dragon continuing to breath fire down below as it veers back and forth across the forest.

I had to do a double take because what in the name of Skyrim am I seeing?!

Itami: Holy mother of crap?!

Williams: Fuck me.....

Green:*to Sasagawa* Sasagawa, you getting this?

Sasagawa:*taking photos* Yeah, every sec of it.

Me: Send some to me. And send the most to either the Generals or other Commanding Officers. As that dragon we'll now call "Lucas" is a major threat.

Even the wyverns prove a challenge for our 20mm. What can something of that size tank?