Ch 32: Fire at Will! & Fuck it, we ball!

Date: February, 2024

Maverick's Pov

Saderan Empire: Imperial Villa

We continue our conversation, discussing various topics ranging from military strategy to cultural exchange, all the while representing our respective nations with pride and professionalism.

Sugawara: You know, Captain. Your testimony at the Diet says a lot. Besides I think you're doing quite well in my opinion. 

Me: If you say so, sir.

Khan: I may have majored in Political Science in college. But even many of the other senators China also loved your testimony, Marine.

Me: Thank you, ma'am.

Pina: Well you put on quite a show.

Me: Well, hopefully our weapon's and urban combat demo will go well.

As we continue our conversation, I feel a sense of validation and appreciation for the work we've put into this mission. It's reassuring to receive praise from such esteemed individuals, especially considering the importance of our objectives.

Pina: I have no doubt it will, Captain. Your team has shown exceptional professionalism and skill thus far.

General Towson: Indeed, Kuribayashi. Your team's performance reflects well on the Marine Corps and our allies.

Mesha: The demonstration will serve as a powerful statement of our combined capabilities and commitment to peace.

I nod in agreement, feeling a renewed sense of confidence in our mission. With the support of our allies and the determination of our team, I'm certain that we can make a positive impact here in the Imperial Capital.

A small girl suddenly runs up to us looking for Sugawara.

Small Girl: Mr. Sugawara!*catches breath*

Sugawara: Uh... What can I do for you?

Small Girl:*grabs Sugawara's arm* My stupid cousin won't stop bragging about her necklace and showing it to me! So she it's just a string of pearls, but who really cares, right! It's very irritating and making it impossible to enjoy your party. You gotta help me!

Sugawara over at looks at General Towson for assistance.

General Towson:*sips drink* Don't look at me, it's your party. Plus, I have 15 kids. 5 are boys, 10 are girls.

Pina and I spit-take at that and Mesha raises an eyebrow impressed.

Small Girl: Please, there must be something you can do.*squeezes Sugawara's arm tighter*

She whimpers like a puppy clinging to Sugawara and I'm getting uncomfortable vibes from that.

Sugawara: I'm...not sure exactly what I could...