Chapter 3

Words of the author- I think I'm rushing the story too much. at this rate, the story is gonna end really fast. So I might edit some stuff, and the progression will be slower from now on!  Thank you for reading, dear readers!!

Dreams are like a double-edged sword. They can provide a escape from reality, but they may also provide nightmares that bring you back to your worst times. 

The reason why I came to Sumeru is because I didn't want to have nightmares, but what's the point of coming here if I still have them?

It's been a week since you heard about the news about Inazuma's re-opening, and you had kind of gotten used to hat fact. Obviously, you were still nervous about it, but you had your priorities right, and were busy with other stuff.

Today was the day you were supposed to check on Haypasia, your senior, who was almost obsessed with Irminsul, the tree that links to the dendro archon and all of teyvat's memories. You first met Haypasia almost passed out near the dendro archon's statue, and you had helped her. Ever since then, you and Tighnari has looked out for the poor Haypasia by giving her food after she starves, and taking care of her and her work (?) when she coops up in the cave to meditate. 

After she finally saw Irminsul, she has been more reckless than ever, risking her life to see the Irminsul once again. 

If I could visit Irminsul and do anything I wanted, I would erase my old self... Then all the problem that I have right now will disappear.... 

As you walk over to the entrance of the cave where Haypasia usually stays, you start to smell the lingering smell of the zaza ( I really don't get what this is like huh????) which makes you feel uncomfortable around. 

Normally, people of sumeru don't have anything against doing these meditations. After all, they are able to get closer to the dendro archon that way, so there's nothing against that, right? However, you, being from Inazuma and not being taught of these things, found it strange and you really hated checking up on Haypasia when she was smelling it. 

You find Haypasia gone, and you guess that she's walking on her own during the part of the meditation where she can't talk to anyone. ( I forgot how this thing went. Why did she walk around again) so, you leave. You were slowly going back to Sumeru City, when you here a high-pitched voice.

"Paimon can't believe that person ignored us! Let's follow her!"

Paimon? That name sounded familiar. Where did I hear that before?

Ah. The famous traveler. I've heard that it's...a companion of his? I heard it's a little floating thingy that apparently has many nicknames... Let's see, the emergency food, the guide... and more. I have to check first to make sure I'm not mistaken.

Then, you heard the loudest scream of your life, made by the same person. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

So you turned around 180 degrees and jogged over to toward where you thought you had heard the voice. 

There, you saw a male with blond, braided hair and wearing foreign clothes fainted and a floating white thing trying to do something. Then, that thing noticed you.

" AH! You! Please, please help the traveler! We just ran out of  cave with a green woman, and suddenly, bong! The Traveler fainted! Waaaaaah! What will Paimon ever do???"

The floating thing, paimon, which she called herself, clung onto your clothes, and refused to let go, while pointing at the traveler. 

You sighed, and said "move aside," (rather coldly) and went to him.

The traveler... A legendary person who saved Mondstat from stormterror, saved Liyue, defeated the ancient monster Osial, and most recently, saved Inazuma from the raiden shougun. He might have defeated the archon herself, but I guess he's not immortal or anything.

I wonder... did he come to Sumeru to save Lesser Lord Kusanali?

"Quick! Bring him to safety!" Paimon yelled urgently, afraid that the traveler might die, seeing your emotionless face.

You got out of your own thoughts, and quickly picked him up, held onto him, bridal style btw, and ran towards Tighnari's house, with Paimon close behind.