Chapter 8

..... I spent all my saved up genesis crystals on ayaka's signature weapon, only for me to give it to ayato instead of her. 😅🙃hey at least I won the 33/66? ( don't worry ayaka I'll give it back to you some day if I get ayato's weapon) (not guaranteed) Time is slow, Time is fast

also please comment and tell me something if you find something that's wrong or doesn't make sense! ty!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You spent 5 minutes in your bed, wondering what the fuck you just saw and heard.

People might know more than you think? WTF does that mean? ... Eh, whatever. It's just a dream anyway. 

You had more important stuff to do, like packing up for your long trip to the desert.  There were far more experienced scholars in the akademiya, but you guessed that you were chosen by madam Faruzan because you had a cryo vision. In cold places like the dragonspine, it was important to bring someone with a pyro vision, and the opposite for hot places.

Yay! I'm going to the desert of Sumeru! I'm so excited! 

You tried to tell yourself that as you pack, but of course your gaslighting wouldn't work. It's fair to say that you despised the desert.  It was hot, there were so many eremites you had to come across, and weird animals would attack you just because you were alive.  It was annoying, to say the least. 

There were at least a few benefits to going to the desert, however. You had literally BEGGED madam Faruzan to let you go alone (which she allowed) and it would take you a few weeks to visit all the ruins you had been assigned to, so you could get some time for yourself.

As you opened the door leading to the outside, you felt a rush of relief leaving you. By the time you finish this research, it would be time for the Sabzeruz festival! You always looked forward to the Sabzeruz festival, because 1. you could take a break from your job and 2. it was Lesser Lord's birthday.

It was kind of obvious that the akademiya didn't favor Lesser Lord Kusanali. The day of the Sabzeruz festival, which was supposed to be an important day for both the lesser and the greater lord, was almost entirely ignored by the akademiya, and celebrations by the followers of the lesser lord was looked down upon. No funding what-so-ever from them. 

Moreover, Lesser Lord Kusanali was always trapped near the akademiya, and no one had ever seen her in person. Even the akasha said nothing about her, and the civilians were always like "If the akasha doesn't answer, I don't need to know it!" which was very irritating. 

First time you heard that, you thought, Isn't there anything called curiosity in Sumeru? But there wasn't anything in your power you could do for the Lesser Lord Kusanali. You had to be in a high position, such as the scribe's position to do that. 

You sighed to yourself, as you went to the nearest merchant to see if they were selling any tents.

You were too distracted to see a little girl with white hair looking at you. ( But you will realize soon. )