003

a fire could turn cold just like winter

but park yeonjin, someday that winter
could be your hell.
calendar date: 2004

"have you lost your mind? what if you get sick? i'm so worried for you two. don't do that again." their worried deaf mother, scolds at them using sign languange. the two sisters apologizes before going into sohee's room.

earlier that day, they were playing around and running through the rain. it felt like a real blessing for seolhee, maybe rain isn't that bad. starting from today, rain will be yoon seolhee's favorite thing since it brought the duo back together.

and that afternoon, they both went home all wet, including their backpack which costs much for their current state so of course their mother got upset. but on the inside, their mother was more than happy knowing the two of them made up again just like the old days. after they went into their room, the elderly woman couldn't hide her sheepish smile and went back to her own bedroom.

"seolhee, will you go out with me tonight? it's my treat this time." this time? we're going to go out again in the future? "of course. i'm gonna go take a shower first. we're leaving at night, right?" sohee nods and seolhee went straight into her small yet neat room. before grabbing a towel, she brought out her camera who was half dry due to being at the bottom of her wet bag and decided to record herself. "i love it today. i love sohee. i love my mom. we're now on good terms and we're now a happy family again." seolhee paused, looking down a bit to hold her tears. "i know i'm gonna sound dumb in the future, but i never knew i could be this emotional. i'm just glad i have my happy family back."

there was a sudden knock on the door, which startled seolhee and she immediately hides the camera and wipes the upcoming tears in her eyes. she stood up from her floor-bed and opened the door. to her surprise, there was nobody in front of it. instead, she sees her mother and sister in their small living room which is located in front of her room.

as she walked towards them, her mother gives them a decorated box for the each of them. "i'm happy we're back together. i'm sorry if it's not much, but these are the things i wanted to buy for my beautiful daughters." her mother signs at them. the siblings went straight ahead to her mother's arms and hugged her tightly. sure it was sudden, but why would they say no? they love new things as they rarely get it.

"no, it's more than enough." sohee signs at her. instead, seolhee just nods and fleetly opening the gift from her box out of curiosity. as she opened the lid, there was a notepad on the top of a thick book and a bracelet.

 as she opened the lid, there was a notepad on the top of a thick book and a bracelet

"seolhee

i'm sorry if i can't hear all your worries and problems that you have. i know it may be tough at school. you must be tired of life at some point, right? i bought you a book so you can express your feelings to it. i bought a thick one so when you grow up, you still have someone to talk to.

mom"

seolhee, who just finished read the whole thing burts into tears when she read the first sentence. she immediately started to look at her mother in the eye and starts saying a bunch of 'i love you's and 'thank you's. she went back into her room and put the bracelet on. not forgetting to place the book on top of her dresser of clothes, and finally brought out her clothes she'll be wearing for the nights out with sohee.

after cleaning up herself and got herself dressed, she tucked one side of her hair to her right ear. just as she's about to leave the room, sohee was already waiting for her in front of it. she glanced at her sister's outfit, it was a knock-off branded dress which sohee paired with a jacket to keep warm since it's snowing. "mom bought me this and a necklace. don't you think it's cute? i don't care if it's fake, i love it." she rambles to seolhee.

the younger one just nods and compliments her, "it fits you. one day, i'll buy you and mom a new real one when i grow up. let's go!" sohee who heard this smiled ear to ear feeling confident after the acclaim she just received. she held seolhee's wrist and began to walk out of their house.

 she held seolhee's wrist and began to walk out of their house