005

you took a part of me, park yeonjin

it's my turn to take a part of yours.
calendar date: 2012

it's the spring of 2012. the same day she'll be going to her first day in her new college. the much matured and older seolhee who was in her twenties, precisely twenty two has woken up feeling like a night star who's already gleaming in the morning.

it has been five years since sohee couldn't hold her hands anymore. seolhee who went up early went straight to a cafe not too far from her new study place for breakfast. she brought everything an average student would need, and that old camera as always. the way she's been coping for the past years was only to look at old footages she took back then. besides that, her hatred for winter and rainy days grew more.

it's funny how people tend to forget things they break and shove them aside like its an accident, and the one who's haunted by it is only the victims. i guess some people really don't deserve the things they have in life. people say that connections, wealth, and satisfaction is what matters in life. when in reality, those are the things that could destroy them too in the future. because it's only temporary.

"thank you." was all she said to the waitress who delivered her sandwich  and hot tea to seolhee. it was early, but the place was busy nonetheless due to the cafe being located near an office and a college just by the street. as she was she sipping her drink, she could've sworn she saw a familiar yet warm gaze watching over her. but she brushed it off since the weather was also warm in the morning.

a few minutes later, she finished her whole meal for breakfast and started to clean up her table voluntarily knowing the cafe was clearly busy. after she thought she'd finished, she stood up from her seat and started to walk towards the exit when she realized a couple seconds later she left her camera there.

seolhee turned around, when she bumped into someone. it was a guy, around the same age as her with his small group of friends behind him. she assumed he was also a student as he appears to be young. they bow at each other at the same time, both apologizing.

"i'm sorry. i didn't look where i was going."

"i'm sorry, i didn't know you were there."

"yeah." seolhee replied after him and bowed before going back to her previous seat, shoving her camera into her backpack. she left the place within seconds, feeling embarassed and shy when she noticed one that same guy was still watching her from afar. yeah? did i just say that? embarassing. she said in her own head of thoughts.