Chapter 7

Killian woke me up again just before dawn.

His fingers were already inside of me, heating me up, so that my orgasm blasted through me before I was even fully awake and the he was over me and inside of me in one smooth glide.

He was gentler this time, keeping me on the brink and then taking me back down until I was pleading for mercy.

I was literally passed out from the pleasure I received.

But when I woke up less than three hours later, the bed was empty.

The curtains were pulled back and I could see the ocean shimmering under the morning sun through the balcony doors.

I pulled on the robe I found in a nearby chair and went in search of Killian.

"Good morning, Ms. James."

I was just entering the kitchen when I met the women from last night, in the same white suit who Killian had introduced as the housekeeper Mrs. Nelson.

I tugged the robe tighter, a faint flush stole over me as to what she much be thinking about me right now.

"Good morning, Mrs. Nelson." I responded automatically, "Do you know where Killian- uh, Mr, Wolfe is?"

She gave me a polite smile.

"Mr. Wolfe had to leave very early this morning." She stated, pouring a cup of coffee and handing it to me, "he told me to let you know that you can stay as long as you like and the boat will take you back when you're ready."

I paused in the act of sipping my coffee.

"He's not coming back?"

The look the women gave me was sympathetic.

"He didn't say."

I put the mug back on the counter.

"Thank you."

I turned and walked back to the room to get dressed as a sob welled up in my throat. I fought it down.

I would not cry.

I knew he wasn't staying. But to leave like this? After everything that happened last night?

How dare he? The coward.

I took a brief shower and got dressed. I didn't want to stay there a minute longer than I had to.

❦ ❦

"He's a loser."

I turned away from my glass window, where I'd been staring at nothing in particular, and turned towards Valene. It had been almost a week since Killian had left, without a word, without a not, without a phone call.

I shrugged.

"It doesn't matter." I took my seat behind my desk and rolled the chair forward, "I should have known better."

Valene sat down and crossed her perfectly tanned legs, giving me an exasperated look. I'd given her a summarized version of my "night" with Killian and after she'd chanted "I told you so" five times, I recounted how he'd left me high and dry.

"You actually felt something for someone, boss." Valene pointed out, "there's nothing wrong with that. Even if he did turn out to be a douche."

I opened a file and pretended to read.

"Beside, you let someone get close to you and you got burnt." She continued, clearly not taking the hint that I didn't want to have a lecture on it again, "who hasn't?"

I snapped the file closed and glared at her.

"How's the planning for the Wolfe Annual Fundraiser coming along?" I asked chasing the topic quickly.

Years ago, when Killian's mom got thrown from horse, she was paralyzed from the waist down. A year later, after feeling like she'd become a burden to everyone, she overdosed on pain medication and passed away.

Killian was barely eight.

But it wasn't until Killian had left for college that Randall had started an annual fundraiser to raise money foe paraplegics as an ode to his late wife. Killian never attended any of them. But it didn't escape Randell's, or my, notice that he'd bought a company in Berlin that specialized in prosthetics and physical therapy.

Valene shrugged.

"It's coming along." She replied, "should I sent out boy an invite?"

She snuck a look at me from beneath curled eyelashes.

"Why bother?" I leaned back in my chair. "I doubt he'd show"

She gave me a sly look.

"He has incentive to show up this time."

A knock on my door indicated my next meeting was about to start.

❦ ❦

That night I was finishing up a presentation to the board, with the television playing softly in the background when I swore I heard a familiar name.

I looked up in time to see Killian in a black tux, his arm around a tall blond who was absolutely gorgeous. I recalled she was a very famous movie star. I turned up the volume as my heart leapt at the sight of him.

"And here coming up the red carpet is businessman Mr. Killian Wolfe with our Heroine tonight."

They stopped at every now and then to take pictures for the cameras. They made a beautiful couple, I thought in envy.

The women smiled up at him and whispered something in his ear while his hand swept up and down her back in a gentle caress. I switched the television off with a smash of my finger on the remote.

Damn him! He was going about his life as if nothing had happened between us. Clearly I was the only one who was affected by that night. I was probably just another conquest. Just another plaything to add to his ever-growing list.

I was so done with Killian Wolfe.

❦ PINTEREST: @badglam ❦ TIKTOK: @softnakd

PINTEREST: @badglam
TIKTOK: @softnakd