Making friends

"I said no!" You stood firm in your decision, and you're not going to back down easily, but your patience is running thin. At this rate, you could end up killing one of them by strangulation.

You glared at the pair in front of you, your eyes sending daggers in their direction, imagining them to be real and stab them. Your mind wondering if whether they were mules in their past lives that reincarnated, because their stubbornness is outstanding.

Tuffnut is on his knees, hands clasped together in a beg, puppy eyes breaming with tears as if they weren't fake. Ruffnut was similar, but at least she has the courtesy to remain on her feet. You sighed, does this have to happen on the one day Midnight wasn't by your side?

They had been bugging you all morning, following you everywhere like lost dragons who were new here, guilting you into fulfilling their request, trying to trick you into thinking that they were innocent babies who would do no harm.

You are no fool.

You know the stakes, you know if you did what they asked, they will be no going back. It will be catastrophic. It will put your island at risk and destroy everything you have worked so hard for.

They almost did.

"Please? I beg you! You can at least give us something in return after *sniff* you took away our dragons!" Tuffnut wailed out once again. You, again, rolled your eyes.

"For the last time, I didn't fucking take away your dragon, I simply separated you and didn't allow you to ride them for a week because that was your punishment for almost blowing up my whole fucking island." You said through gritted teeth.

"And why would I build a fucking bomb for you when I don't want you to fucking do it again?"

That rejection unfortunately made them wailed louder, fake crying morphed into fake ugly sobbing. You take in a shaky breath and closed your eyes, your jaw tightened and your nails dug into your palms. You can feel your composure slipping. Your mind already drifting to the dagger that was strapped on your thigh.

You are going to stab them in

3,

2,

"OK, that's enough." A new voice in the midst of the crying pulled you out of your violent intentions. Your eyes snapped open to land on your savior, Astrid dragging the kicking and screaming duo out of the door by their collars.

"Go bother someone else like Snotlout." She brushed off her hands while watching the twins slowly get up from the ground and walk away, sulking, before turning to walk towards you.

"I don't know how you were able to control yourself from killing them, but I would have the moment they started begging." She joked as she look at you in sympathy.

You breathed in a steady breath and slumped against the wall behind you, finally able to let go of your tense stance. Your ears gratefully listened to the quietness that lack of loud and irritating sobs.

"Thank you, for getting them out." You sent her a grateful smile. "I do want to do that but I was guilty for separating them and their dragon. But I would have committed two murders if you haven't stepped in, guilty or not."

"Hey, it was no problem. I understand but you didn't need to feel guilty. They did almost blow up your island. If anything it should be them to apologize." She nudged you gently with her elbow, an easy smile on her face.

You nodded, before the confusion settled in. "Is there something you need my help with?" You didn't mean to sound rude, but Astrid had never personally came to see you before, always telling a message through Hiccup who was the only one actively talking to you.

Astrid seemed to pause for a second before awkwardly chuckling. "I was that obvious huh?"

"I don't mind." You quickly added. "You are my guest, and you did help me with the twins. So I can I at least return the favor?" You offered, making sure to apply a lighter tone.

"Well then, if you insist." Astrid looked away, hiding her slightly flushed face away from your view. She mumbled something that you can't quite understand. "Pardon?"

"I would like to get to know you better." You have never seen the female viking so vulnerable before, and her nervousness in asking question almost made your heart melt.

"I would love to."

———

"Oh, Thor. This is not happening." Snotlout exclaimed in horror. The twins, who took Astrid's advice, steered their attention along Snotlout's gaze, eyes widening with the same amount of panic.

"Oh, no. What have we done?" Ruffnut mumbled, wide eyes still following the two figures walking by. You and Astrid were in your open air arena, throwing various weapons on targets, while talking to each other.

"We're doomed." Tuffnut sighed dramatically, but to him it was within reason. The Night Rider and the Fearless Hofferson could be a rather terrifying combo.

Meanwhile...

"You're telling me that Ruffnut and Fishlegs accidentally go married to each other?" You asked in bewilderment, your mind unable to comprehend such idea.

Astrid laughed, amused yet not surprised at your reaction. "Yup, me and Hiccup were just gone for a day. We were confused as hell. But fortunately for Fishlegs, Tuffnut wasn't a real officiant."

You chuckled along, aiming your dagger in hand before throwing it, landing right on your target, but that statement kinda bugged you. "So, you and Hiccup?" You tested, not wanting to spoil the fun atmosphere or being too obvious.

Astrid instantly shook her head. "Oh, no, no. I see him more of a brother." She threw her ax before eyeing you and smirked. "But I'm sure he sees you more than that."

In the surface, you merely chuckled before throwing another dagger, but internally you were panicking. Your heart is beating fast and you are working hard to suppress the rising heat from reaching your cheeks.

You were mostly successful, but Astrid can still see the red on the tip of your ears. "I don't think so, we just met again after seven years apart." You glanced at Astrid at the corner of your eye, she is still smirking at you.

"Besides, I believe he wouldn't like the person I have become." You tried to play it off as a joke, but those cruel memories allowed coldness and resentment to slip in your tone. You stared at the dagger you were playing in your hands, tipping it slightly to reflect Astrid on its polished surface.

She was looking at you, smirk long gone, eyes filled with concern and sympathy. "What happened out there?" She whispered cautiously, afraid that she is crossing any boundaries. You chuckle and without looking, you threw the dagger towards the target with a flick of your wrist.

From the corner of your eye, you can see Astrid flinched at the harsh thud of metal hitting wood. "A lot of things that I do not and will not wish upon anyone."

———

Sorry that this is extremely late. School has started recently and i haven't found anytime or motivation to write, so this is very rushed. Updates may be irregular from now on so I'm very sorry. Hope you still enjoyed this. 😅