2 ¦

Cosy and welcoming scented the air of Sunghoon's bakery. It was 8:00 AM, and his daily baking of fresh bread could be smelled throughout the whole shop.

The young man had opened his business a few weeks ago, but not many customers had approached this place since. He didn't give up and started to advertise his shop with flyers around the place.

And it worked. More people walked in and got interested in his goodies. He still didn't have regular customers yet, but was satisfied with the profit he made at the end of each day.

Sunghoon loved to knead the dough, he believed his hands were made for this. He could spend hours doing so and never get tired of it.

Taking out some flour, he spread it a bit on top and continued to knead, humming a melody to it.

It was when the bell rang and the door had opened that he had lifted his glance to welcome a customer.

"Good morning!" Sunghoon welcomed, eyeing the young man who walked shy steps inside.

He looked younger than him, his hair not styled and different strands hiding the face of the stranger.

He was wearing a grey hoodie that swallowed his small frame, and his hands were hidden in his pockets. His eyes, sunken and tired, scanned the room briefly before acknowledging Sunghoon's presence.

Sunghoon smiled politely and grabbed a towel to clean his hands. "How can I help you?"

The gaze of the young boy finally lifted and revealed his unfamiliar face, dark eyebags pretty much noticeable at the first sight.

The stranger still hasn't spoken yet, but looked around the shop, as if he had never seen a bakery before.

Well Sunghoon's decorating skills seemed to get a lot of positive feedback, and so he didn't mind new customers staring at the pretty walls and seating.

Seeing that the younger didn't respond yet, he decided to go back to work and not to pressure him.

For Sunoo this was a totally different and new environment here, full of colours. Everything had its place. The sunlight illuminated every object and the sweet smell calmed his nervousness down.

Sunoo found himself actually passing by that Bakery of the flyer he had received, and was surprised to see the same man that handed it out to him. He began to watch the man working the dough with his hands, and he liked how the baker seemed to know what he was doing, that he was confident.

Soon Sunoo realized he couldn't just stand here and buy nothing, so he approached the counter and saw the countless types of bread and sweets. He wasn't actually hungry or craving for food, but he spoke quicker than he could think of.

"A matcha cheesecake please", Sunoo voiced and Sunghoon immediately looked up surprised.

Grabbing the towel again, he hummed and smiled happily "Oh you picked my favourite! Eating here or to go?"

Sunoo took a moment to think about it. Eating in his apartment wasn't enjoyable at all, and this place looked and felt more comfortable to be at. And apart from that, it looked like the baker wouldn't mind if he stayed a little bit longer.

So Sunoo answered with "Eating here please", and Sunghoon immediately cut a piece of the cake and placed it on a smaller plate.

Sunoo watched the man add sprinkles of something on top of the cake, finding later out it was marshmallows, and tapped something on the cashier register.

The baker had a clean visual, his hair in place and clothes kneaded. This person seemed so easy to talk to, almost as if he was looking for someone to hold a conversation with.

"That would be 5'000 won" the man announced, and Sunoo took out a 5'000 won bill to pay.

After sitting down, Sunoo took a first bite of the known cheesecake, enjoying the soft mixture of the flavours. He had forgotten how it felt like to enjoy something without overthinking about it; he definitely spent those 5000 won well.

Looking around the shop again, he had noticed a 'we are hiring' sign hung up at the entrance.

"Interested?" Sunghoon's voice echoed, noticing the younger was staring at it for a couple of minutes already. Sunoo needed a job, his studies were abusing his bank account constantly. But was he actually interested?

But he nodded slowly, his eyes locking with Sunghoon's that was now walking in front of the counter and approaching Sunoo.

"Your name?" the baker asked kindly, his steps pausing as he now stood in front of the boy.

"Kim Sunoo"

Sunghoon's tall figure made a big impression on the younger, making the fork drop from his hands to the floor.

The shrieking sound had startled Sunoo, but Sunghoon just kneeled down and picked up the fork for him.

Sunghoon looked up at the startled boy, not knowing why he was feeling so comfortable with him. He was pretty in his eyes, and something told him he would be a good coworker, despite not even knowing anything else about him.

Before Sunoo could apologize, Sunghoon smiled and answered while holding out his hand, "I'm Park Sunghoon, you're hired".

A/N: gimme fever, fever, feverrr