Frozen beginnings

".."

"So how do we know if where we're going is certain death?" Gourmand asked, looking around.

"we do not." Saint replied, slowing down when they approached a karma gate.

Gourmand went in first, Saint following. When the sound of the hissing of the machines and the gates opening, they passed though into what used to be sky islands.

"..We are here" Saint said, turning towards Gourmand "we should find shelter before the blizzard starts."

Gourmand nodded in response and they hurried to find the nearest shelter.

The various snow covered islands glittered in the light of the sun, the beams of light shining through the rotting, stone pillars. 

(AN: idk this is all im gonna do for now :3 ill need like 3 more positive comments so i know im not writing to a bunch of crickets.

Gourmand gazed upon the cloud covered sky, seeing only a glimpse of the sunset through the worsening blizzard. They hurried to stand alongside Saint, who was watching the clouds. "Hey, um.. Saint?" Gourmand chimed, "Shouldn't we be finding a shelter now..?

"Oh, yes.." Saint replied, hopping onto one of the various islands, Gourmand following.  Saint trotted along the harsh, snowy grounds as the blizzard worsened.

"So.. Where did you come from?" Gourmand asked, squinting their brown eyes to see through the course snow.

(AN: okay im gonna pause for now :3)

(AN: ok im back)

Saint sighed, as the air around the two abruptly became more somber as they walked towards the nearest shelter. 

"We must hurry up." They grumbled. Quickening their pace as they climbed into the shelter, as Gourmand climbed in after Saint. The shelter doors roaring as they closed to block out the harsh blizzard.

Sainted flicked their tail as they glared at gourmand. "What?" Gourmand exclaimed, crossing their arms.

"..I was created by an iterator." They said, pausing as the violent blizzard grew louder. "Born from nothing but genetic scraps. I was made to 'ascend' the iterators."

Gourmand sat quietly, but eventually, they fell asleep as the sound of the blizzard grew fainter..