Chapter 15 - Ferris wheel and capsules

"You people are such big jerks. Leaving me in a haunted house like that." Miranda complained as she frowned while walking with us.

We were still separated from Naomi and Brad, and to tell the truth, we were having a blast. We rode a lot of rides and we even went to the haunted house. That's also where we technically "left" Miranda.

"Miranda, we lost you in there. We didn't leave you." Sarah explained to a furious Miranda, which went to deaf ears as she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Whose stupid idea was it to go in that stupid haunted house anyway?" Miranda asked with an eyeroll.

"It was your idea to go in there." Sarah replied while stifling her laughter. Miranda paused for a second before she shook her head.

"Whatever." Miranda huffed.

"O-kay. Where to now?" Jason asked no one in particular as he looked around at all the rides, trying to find one they hadn't been on yet.

"Hell." A familiar voice spoke from only a distance away, and I immediately knew who it was.

"Wow Sarah. You wanna go to hell." Jason slow and dense as usual thought Sarah had said that. We all had halted all movements.

"Um, Jason that wasn't me." Sarah clarified as she turned her head a little to look behind us.

"Don't move. Maybe she'll think we're statues and then leave." I whispered loud enough for Miranda, Jason and Sarah to hear.

"Wow. What are you, six? Do u really think I'll believe that you all are statues?" I gulped at how scary her voice sounded at this particular moment.

"Does anyone have a better idea?" Miranda asked half-yelling. It was a sight to see Miranda this frightened. This was proof enough that Naomi was definitely scary.

"I do. Can I tell you?" Jason being Jason answered with excitement, not knowing how grave this situation was.

"Yes Jason. Please do tell us." Miranda tried not to scream at his foolishness, as she rolled her eyes.

"Run!" Jason yelled out before sprinting away from the scene. We looked at the guy disappearing into the crowd of people.

"Is he for real?" This time it was someone else who spoke, and I recognized the voice as Brad's.

I turned around for a bit to look behind and there they were.

Brad and Naomi. Aaron and Lara were with them as well, and by the look on Lara's face, I could tell that we were in deep trouble.

"I second Jason's idea. Let's just run." I said and didn't even wait for Miranda and Sarah to reply before running away. It was better to get away then to stay and die.

I sprinted in the direction that Jason disappeared at.

"Wait for us!" I heard Miranda yell after me, and I slowed down to wait for both of them. Once they reached me, we all eventually stopped. Even while huffing for air, we began to laugh uncontrollably.

"That was fun." Sarah admitted, while I nodded with a large smile.

"Yeah. It was better than the stupid haunted house too." Sarah and I, both, rolled our eyes at Miranda, who didn't seem the least bit fazed by us.

As we were standing there trying to catch our breaths, something caught my eye. I saw Jason standing in the Ferris wheel queue.

"Hey guys. Look who I found." I told them both, looking towards the direction where I saw Jason. He still hadn't noticed us.