Inner child

Character: Jay Merrick
Warnings: None
Type: Fluff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was shocked to hear from F/n that y/n didn't have a childhood she had to mature way to quickly. She told me that Y/n and her parents lived paycheck to paycheck so y/n never got to do things like go to the zoo, The movies, She told me Y/n hadn't even had a pet before. She never got to have any fun it was all work no play, I was so taken back. I guess thats why shes such a mature, Responsible person I could tell Y/n was missing that part of her life. Her inner child was broken, hidden. I'm making it my job to help fix that. When I was off helping alex shoot the student film I knew that y/n was home alone so I decided to fix that.

~

I was sitting at home as usual when I heard the front door open. Jay came into our room "Hey y/n?" I looked up from my laptop "Come on I wanna show you something" I got up and he sat me on the couch "Okay close your eyes" I did and heard some scratching "Open" I saw jay sitting there holding a little german shepard puppy "Isn't he cute?" I chuckled "love? Whose dog did you steal?" He chuckled "I didn't I adopted him" I was in shock "I know that with the whole film thing your here all alone, So I got you a little friend to keep you company"

I was in shock "Jay, How much did he-" He cut me off "Don't worry about that. I've got it covered trust me" I smiled the pup then wiggled out of his arms and ran over to me I picked him up "Does he have a name?" Jay shook his head "It's all up to you sweetheart"

~

She pointed at herself and I nodded she smiled "Hmm. Well what about Axel?" I chuckled as axle got all excited "I think he likes it" She giggled and got up pulling me into a kiss. I rested my arms on her waist she pulled back "Thank you love" She feed axle and made dinner. After we watched a few shows then she took axle out to use the bathroom. Once she got back we headed for bed, She got a quick shower then snuggled up to me as axle slept at the foot of the bed.

~

The next morning I took axle to the puppy daycare nearby for the day because I had something planned. I got home to see y/n looking for something "You okay?" I asked she had tears in her eyes "Axle's gone, I can't find him anywhere, I lost him" She said as a tear fell down her face. Yeah, I probably should have told her first. I hugged her "It's okay sweetheart, He's not lost, I took him down to the puppy daycare for today." She looked up at me "Why?" I wiped her tears "Because I'm gonna take you somewhere, But pets aren't allowed and we can't leave him here" She nodded "Where are we going?" I chuckled

"You'll see, Get ready, be prepared to walk a lot" She nodded and ran to our room to get ready

~

He said we would be walking a lot so I put on some black leggings and a t-shirt I threw on some sneakers I was ready. I grabbed my mini bag and put in a charger, My airpods and sunscreen. I grabbed my phone and walked out seeing jay watching TV "Ready?" He asks I smiled and nodded. We got in his car and off we went to god knows where. I was on my phone when the car stopped. I looked up confused I got out and saw we were at the zoo? I looked over at jay his smile was so bright "Come on sweetheart" I ran over and grabbed his hand as we paid our way in.

~

She looked so interested in everything. We then started walking towards the exhibits first up was the tigers. When she spotted them I saw her eyes light up. She smiled and walked up to the glass she put her hand on the glass and the tiger did the same she looked back at me in shock making me chuckle "There's more" She looked up at me "Really?" I nodded and she hopped up grabbing my hand again we continued down the path after a while we got to the arctic exhibits. She got so excited when she was the polar bears. She was so happy, I could tell

~

I couldn't believe it there's a polar bear right in front of me. I was trying to keep my excitement on the down low. I didn't want to seem immature to all the adults here with their kids. I felt jay wrap his arms around my waist "Having fun?" I nodded we watched as one of the polar bears jumped in the water and swam over to us putting its paw against the glass "I think he's saying hi" jay said I giggled and put my hand to his paw he then nudged his face against the glass were my hand was. I was so happy right now.

~

I then took her to the aquarium. She walked in and her jaw dropped "Woah" She whispered we walked around a little more by this time we have seen everything from birds to gorillas to snakes to stingrays. It was time for a lunch break so we decided to go to the gift shop. I let y/n pick out whatever she wanted and we left to go get lunch. After that we went to the movies we watched the movie megan. She was so into the movie. I was so glad to see her happy. After the movie we went to the fair and walked around for a bit. We played some games winning a few stuffed animals once it started getting dark we left and got something to eat.

Once we were done I had to go pick up axle. I put him in the backseat and drove home. On the way I looked over to see Y/n asleep. She was so worn out but I could tell she had a good time. One we got home I opened the door letting axle hop out. I then opened y/n's door and picked her up closing the door with my foot. I carried her inside and put her in bed. She stirred awake "Its okay sweetheart your home" She got up and got changed into some comfortable clothes I did as well she climbed up in bed and cuddled into me as I wrapped my arms around her soon we both fell asleep.

~