-DECEMBER. 3.-

"Up! Up! Up!" Ace called into Carmilla's ear loudly.

She just rolled over with a groan, hiding her bed hair and lifeless looking face under her tasselled blue pillow. It was Christmas morning, but surely that didn't mean she had to get up with the crack of dawn.

At home it did of course, for mass, but she lived in a magic castle now. The prayers could pray themselves.

Apparently, the 'watching the sun rise as you celebrated Christmas' tradition still applied when Ace was involved. Carmilla rubbed her tired eyes and watched her friend hop around the room opening curtains and swearing at Sass and handing Carmilla her cherry lipstick until everyone [the two of them] was ready.

Carmilla stared at the end of her bed. No way. 

"...I've got presents."

Ace scoffed, then hopped on the end of her own bed, picking up a wrapped present from the stack of parcels there that glittered far too much to not be charmed. "Of course you did!"

Carmilla picked up her own matching parcel from her decidedly smaller pile. It was the same silver and cream patterned paper Ace was tearing at. She undid it all and found her cream pyjamas folded up carefully.

She could smell the soft washing powder without even holding it to her nose. They were beautiful, with the constellations of the night sky carefully drawn on with dark blue ink, small silver dots in between.

Carmilla had sent her present off to June with one of the school owls a few days before, a black leather belt for her to paint rose designs on that the girl had been eyeing for ages. So Carmilla decided to buy it for her.

Once it was on sale, of course.

"Merlins balls!" Ace fell back on her bed, holding up a giant peacock feather quill as long as her arm, and the bottle of hair dye Carmilla had found in the back of the cursed objects shop she'd gotten her bloody wedding dress from. The tag said it would change the colour of her hair whenever Ace wanted.

Carmilla picked up her present from Ace, who was already running to the bathroom so she could hopefully not lose all of her fluffy hair.

She actually knew what this one was already. Ace had been bursting at the seams after she bought it and ended up telling Carmilla, but Carmilla was still ecstatic to have her own sketch book.

She would have to charm in all of her loose drawings so she wouldn't keep losing them between her schoolbooks and the random things in her bag.

"A, can't you do your hair later? Peter said they serve pudding for breakfast on Christmas..." Carmilla lamented, changing into her new pyjamas and June's slippers that she left behind. They were white and fluffy. She patted down her hair a bit and decided that was enough.

The girls left after promises were made to spend the afternoon dying hair.

"We can sit wherever we want today," Ace said happily.

Carmilla raised her eyebrow, "We don't have any other friends."

"We're a package deal, so your loser friends have to put up with me." Ace realised, evidently forgetting that she had sworn on Sass's life she would never go near a Gryffindor again [save the pretty girl with dark braids who sounded suspiciously like the waffle girl from Carmilla's Divination class].

Carmilla didn't mention that part. She wanted to see her 'loser' friends, so she sat down between a grumpy Remus, and Peter, who was stuffing his face with pudding that smelt like heaven.