Dark Tidings Review (@HannahRossFantasy)

Review for "Dark Tidings" by author @KenMagee

SPOILER ALERT

I have just finished reading "Dark Tidings", by author KenMagee. At first, when I saw the length of the book, I was a little apprehensive - but soon I was pulled in and finished the whole whopping 66 chapters in record time. It's a light, easy, humorous, thoroughly amusing read which has all my favorite elements - magic, time travel and world-embracing evil conspiracy. The two principal characters, Madrick and Tung, make a hilarious antagonistic duo, and the other main hero, Michael, provides the seriousness, commitment and balance that are needed to fight the bad guys. The idea of a small group battling a powerful organization is appealing and sympathy-inducing.

A few caveats: I feel this book would have gained a lot from the presence of a real, strong, good female character with sound principles. The character of Faith is kind of predictable - even as she first appears in the story, it was pretty obvious to me that she is going to betray Michael. I would have added another female character (not necessarily with romantic settings) to antagonize her.

Overall, the book is very enjoyable and leaves one craving to read more.

@HannahRossFantasy