Chapter III: Cursed

I remember throwing the blanket off of me as I felt hurt and angry that it was all just a dream. I had what I wanted the most and in a moment it was gone as quick as it came. I huffed angrily as I tried to continue making the music box's cylinder with the comb but I could hardly focus as I was being too rough and I'd do something wrong, plus I was just dumbly making the cylinder because I wasn't even sure what song I was putting on it. I put the screwdriver and everything down, sighing.

I stood up and realized I need to find a release of anger before I did something stupid. I decided it'd be best to see Sophie as the way she's always so calm tends to help me unwind. And asking for her help would help me I'm sure. I put all my resources into a basket and hang it on my arm. I walk downstairs and slip on my shoes, looking around for mom.

I spot her in the living room fidgeting with her hands, it seemed she couldn't stay still with her hands as she stared out the window. She leaned back into her wheelchair and her head was tilted to her side.

"Mom?" I call out for her. She turns her head to me.

"Y/n," She calls out for me too. Before I could ask if she was okay she gestures me over. I walk up to her and stand next to her, eyes not moving from looking at whatever was outside.

"Be safe, alright? I love you," She tells me. It was strange because my mom never ever said it to me like that. She sounded like it'd be the last I speak to her, or she was worried that it was. I frowned but I say it back as I turn around to leave.

"I love you too,"

I opened the door slower than normal and I walk out, looking to my sides to make sure no one was there. I walked out and started to walk quickly. Luckily Sophie's house wasn't so far from mine. I walked into the hat shop and looked around. I see Honey and walk past her, as it was a normal occurrence for me to be waltzing in.

I walk down the hall to Sophie's room and I see someone walking out. Someone in Sophie's dress who's hunching over and smaller than her. I hum confused and I grab their shoulder, to which they freeze and turn around.

"So.." I stop as I see them.

"Sophie??" I yell out as I see Sophie as an incredibly old woman. She yelps a bit in shock and she covers my mouth with her hands.

"Quiet! I can't have anyone seeing me this way," She begs me in a very old raspy voice, I take deep breath and try to be calm. Making her remove her hands and shake lightly.

"Sophie, why are you so old?" I ask her confused. She hits me back with another question quickly.

"A curse. Why have you got fawns ears and antlers?" She asks me, looking up at my head. I roll my eyes and cross my arms as I think she's messing with me. Until I realized that she was cursed so what if I got cursed too. I quickly drop my crossed arms and lift my hands to my head, feeling around. I felt strange fluffy things and hard bone that when I tugged would bring my head with them. I start to panic, whimpering louder as I feel the antlers. As I'm about to scream out in fear she interrupts me.

"I'm going to see that witch that did this to me and find a way to break these spells so are you coming with me or not??" She asks me aggravated. I nod with tears in my eyes and I almost dropped my basket as I forgot I had it. She goes into her room and grabs a bonnet, cutting holes into it. She puts it on my head and figures out way to put my antlers through the holes.

"People will just think it's a strange fashion choice as long as you hide the ears and the antlers being attached to your head. Let's go," She beckoned me to move. I walk behind her anxiously, this was really not my day. Last night, I must've been cursed by that woman. So I'm not crazy.