Chapter Seven

I don't know how long I was out for, but I don't think it was very long at all. I felt the rune Loki had drawn on my shoulder burning, which caused my consciousness to come swimming back to the surface. Everything was spotty and swam in streamers, like I was underwater and couldn't get enough air. I could feel his bastard hands tugging at my clothing, cursing and muttering as he fought with my belt, trying to get it undone.

I could also feel fire coursing through my veins, and my heart was pounding in my chest in a way that made me feel horribly sick. It almost felt as if I had been poisoned as well as drugged. Or, maybe it was just whatever he had drugged me with, I had no idea. I was unable to stop the noises escaping from my mouth as he roughly tried to just yank my pants down, and he stopped, crawling up my body to roughly grab my face.

"Oh, so you're awake after all, you heartless little bitch. That doesn't really matter either way, the drugs were only meant to incapacitate you long enough for the poison to take effect. Which, by then, it will be too late for you to do anything about it. Raping you as you die is just a bonus, you bitch. By the way, your mother says hi." He snarled, and slid back down to try and get my pants off again.

I tried three times to get any words choked out, but all that would come out was garbled croaking noises. It took all of my strength to bring my right hand to my left wrist, and I fumbled while trying to rip the bracelet off my wrist. Dizzy and fading out, I finally was able to touch my mark with my bare fingers. I felt a jolt surge through me, and I screamed.

"LOKI!!" I cried, before my vision went grey from the effort. He paused, then chuckled.

"Calling out to your pagan gods won't help you, little gi- Holy shit!" I heard at the edges of my consciousness, then the sounds of something very heavy hitting wood, and then the ground, very hard. I felt arms lift me up, and I could smell that Loki held me in his arms. He frantically brushed my hair out of my face, sliding his fingers over my face, resting on my pulse. "I can't feel what's going on, what did he do to you?"

I tried to speak, but nothing wanted to come out. I tried again, and managed to croak out softly the words 'drugged' and 'poisoned', before I nearly slipped back under again. I still couldn't see anything, and my hearing was starting to go too. He slid a hand under my head, then I felt his lips cover mine. I didn't have enough energy to respond, and I felt him growl in frustration. He used his other hand to pry my mouth open, and as his tongue touched mine, the sweetest thing I had ever tasted flooded my mouth.

I swallowed instinctively, and molten fire raced through my body, burning the drugs and the poison away. Coughing, I rolled over and crawled my way blindly to the edge of the gazebo, making it just to the grass before I threw up everything I had drank. By the time I was done I could see again, but I was still very weak and shaky. I looked up to see him kneeling where I had left him, watching me with naked concern. "What?" I managed to whisper, trembling.

"A single drop of nectar. It could have killed you, but you were dying anyway. The risk was equal to the reward." He started to move closer, but he turned, his eyes focused far away. "Someone heard you scream, and human cops are on their way. In fact, they are very close. I can't be here when they come, but I will find you later when you get home." He snapped his fingers, and was gone. Exhausted, I kneeled against the gazebo wall, holding myself up with my left hand, right hand cradling my stomach.

Cops swarmed the gazebo, and things went by in a blur as I started to fall out of it again, the void finally swallowing me up. I woke up in the hospital, attached to beeping machines and an IV. Someone nearby moved, and I jerked.

"Whoa whoa whoa Cass, It's just me, Officer Stevens. You remember me, right?" I blinked and looked over at him, then slowly nodded. "How did I end up here?" I asked.